Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Special vote results
(04-11-2023, 02:55 PM)Praktica Wrote: Also from Nick's Korero

Love it!   Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
Scary thing is how much support the Greens have this election, but at least this govt is going to require winston.
Unapologetic NZ first voter, white cis male, climate change skeptic.
(09-11-2023, 08:43 AM)C_T_Russell Wrote: Scary thing is how much support the Greens have this election, but at least this govt is going to require winston.

it's only scary to Climate Change Sceptics CT Smile
This world would be a perfect place if it wasn't for the people.

Sharesies | Buy Crypto | Surfshark VPN | Cloud Backup
(09-11-2023, 08:43 AM)C_T_Russell Wrote: Scary thing is how much support the Greens have this election, but at least this govt is going to require winston.

No. What is genuinely scary is the way in which some politicians, mostly right wing, are completely ignoring climate change because it might affect the profits of the wealthy. Dodgy
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
Yes Lilith7:

This year 'virtually certain' to be warmest in 125,000 years, EU scientists say

https://www.reuters.com/business/environ...023-11-08/
It's not the least charm of a theory that it is refutable. The hundred-times-refuted theory of "free will" owes its persistence to this charm alone; some one is always appearing who feels himself strong enough to refute it - Friedrich Nietzsche
(09-11-2023, 11:20 AM)zqwerty Wrote: Yes Lilith7:

This year 'virtually certain' to be warmest in 125,000 years, EU scientists say

https://www.reuters.com/business/environ...023-11-08/

I don't think there can be any doubt now; humans are surely officially the stupidest species ever to walk the earth.

From your link:

"Climate change is fuelling increasingly destructive extremes. This year, that included floods that killed thousands of people in Libya, severe heatwaves in South America, and Canada's worst wildfire season on record.

"We must not let the devastating floods, wildfires, storms, and heatwaves seen this year become the new normal," said Piers Forster, climate scientist at University of Leeds.
"By rapidly reducing greenhouse gas emissions over the next decade, we can halve the rate of warming," he added.

Despite countries setting increasingly ambitious targets to gradually cut emissions, so far that has not happened. Global CO2 emissions hit a record high in 2022."
(09-11-2023, 08:49 AM)king1 Wrote:

it's only scary to Climate Change Sceptics CT Smile

Not exactly, they are left wing extremists.
Food prices will be unaffordable, our economy will suffer as a result of farming decline.
And to top it off their wealth tax will affect anyone who owns property

Oh, and the jews are pissed off with Chloe too.
https://i.stuff.co.nz/national/politics/...-six-words
Our goose is all but cooked I'm afraid, too little too late.
It's not the least charm of a theory that it is refutable. The hundred-times-refuted theory of "free will" owes its persistence to this charm alone; some one is always appearing who feels himself strong enough to refute it - Friedrich Nietzsche
(09-11-2023, 04:51 PM)zqwerty Wrote: Our goose is all but cooked I'm afraid, too little too late.

It does look that way, unless we can work a miracle of some sort.
Winston and Seymour have a lot of good policies in common, particularly around the treaty and wokeness.

I'm confident that they will sort out much of the mess New Zealand is currently left in and luxon can use it as a convenient excuse.
(09-11-2023, 06:42 PM)C_T_Russell Wrote: Winston and Seymour have a lot of good policies in common, particularly around the treaty and wokeness.

I'm confident that they will sort out much of the mess New Zealand is currently left in and luxon can use it as a convenient excuse.

Tell us again what "wokeness" is?
I do have other cameras!
(09-11-2023, 07:05 PM)Praktica Wrote:
(09-11-2023, 06:42 PM)C_T_Russell Wrote: Winston and Seymour have a lot of good policies in common, particularly around the treaty and wokeness.

Tell us again what "wokeness" is?

You really need to ask that?
This covers much of it
https://www.nzfirst.nz/2023_policies
(09-11-2023, 08:31 PM)C_T_Russell Wrote:
(09-11-2023, 07:05 PM)Praktica Wrote: Tell us again what "wokeness" is?

You really need to ask that?
This covers much of it
Have you considered teaming up with lyin' Luxon who won't give a straight, or in most cases any, answer?

Just answer the question as it was asked.
Here's some helpful advice, being anti-woke is just a contemporary way of saying you're racist, bigoted and selfish.
(09-11-2023, 08:47 PM)harm_less Wrote:
(09-11-2023, 08:31 PM)C_T_Russell Wrote: You really need to ask that?
This covers much of it
Have you considered teaming up with lyin' Luxon who won't give a straight, or in most cases any, answer?

Just answer the question as it was asked.
Here's some helpful advice, being anti-woke is just a contemporary way of saying you're racist, bigoted and selfish.

He can't answer, because saying what he thinks "woke" is would have him branded as a racist. In this context, "woke" is anything that appears to support Maori people.
I do have other cameras!

Why do you find that scary?
Luxon and co. will be setting up the economy to favor his already rich mates.
(10-11-2023, 08:52 AM)zqwerty Wrote: Luxon and co. will be setting up the economy to favor his already rich mates.

Except that his rich mates aren't the ones who call the shots when it comes to international trade deals and market access, both of which are at risk of being scuttled if a National led government goes ahead with its plans to overturn the offshore exploration ban and the Clean Car Discount, delay agricultural emissions pricing by up to five years, end subsidies to help the public and private sectors decarbonise, and drain the Climate Emergency Response Fund to pay for tax cuts. 

Making moves towards reversing climate change strategies won't be viewed favourably by the international community and our export led economy will likely take a hit accordingly.
I was out earlier & saw some graffiti on someone's fence: "National, the best govt money can buy."

And given that they had some rather large donations for this election, that rings rather truer than many of us would like.
From Twitter/X: "Word on the street is talks have broken down in Wellington. Winnie has flown back to Auckland in a huff. Sounds like ACT and NZF both pissed with Nats". Apparently the source is HDPA (+ Soper), so draw your own conclusions.
The GG tomorrow will reappoint the caretaker government, renewing the ministerial warrants.
I do have other cameras!