Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What the coalition will be saying in 18 months...
(06-12-2023, 11:11 AM)harm_less Wrote:
(06-12-2023, 10:33 AM)Lilith7 Wrote: THAT would certainly be ever so interesting... Smile Rolleyes Big Grin
And witnessing the disillusionment of the electorate with the previous government failing to succeed in their policies, which was clearly contributed to by factors that occurred beyond their control, and a coalition of parties now attempting to ride roughshod over the wants and needs of many in our society, the move towards supporting Te Pati Maori and The Greens in the recent election (again driven by disillusionment) is very likely to increase when we next go to the polls. 

This will be particularly the case if resistance to the coalition's right to govern increases (or an external stressor occurs) to the point that the government fails with the next election being called prematurely. That election could well see a rise in support in those previously 'minor' parties to the point that they can govern independently of the likes of National or Labour, or at least become the dominant coalition partner together with one of the previously 'major' parties. The current coalition's apparent disregard of environmental, social, ethnic and democratic issues may very well serve as a catalyst for such change.

Now that would be very interesting - & if that was to happen, then who knows what they could achieve if they can manage to work together. 

Really all they'd need to do to be elected is cite poverty & the environment, together with Maori equity with Pakeha, in  health,housing etc etc as their priorities because so many have suffered from & want an end to, Neo liberalism.

The possibilities might be endless - a lot less catering to cars & more emphasis on good quality public trabsport & an end to damaging of the environment in order to make money might be disticnt possibilities.
I think I'd quite like to see that happen - the idea of it gives some slim hope for the future of our descendants, if nothing else. Smile
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)