Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Govt have "no moral compass"
The problem any government faces is to inject money into the system to increase activity without causing inflation.

If this is not done the economy will slow down and drop into a recession/depression as the businessmen take money out of the system and spend it overseas.
It's not the least charm of a theory that it is refutable. The hundred-times-refuted theory of "free will" owes its persistence to this charm alone; some one is always appearing who feels himself strong enough to refute it - Friedrich Nietzsche
(13-12-2023, 08:27 AM)king1 Wrote:
(13-12-2023, 07:40 AM)Kenj Wrote: So, would you consider a report written by Labour party supporters credible? I try to look at happenings with an open mind, whereas a large percentage of regular posters on this forum are blinded by their dog like devotion to Labour and Greens et al.

As far as the money given to gangs for drug rehab, I suggest you look at the article on "Drug Rehab Centre used for Meth operation" page A9 in the Herald. Or search Google for "Darren Creelman NZ"  Not gang funding, but Marae funding. I could copy and paste but I respect Herald's ownership.

One person rorting the system doesn't mean the system is broken, I mean we aint dealing with pillars of the community here - I would hazard a guess for every Darren Creelman that went through that place there would be at least 20 who have come out the other end a changed and reformed person. 

Since you have an open mind, have a read of the clinics founder and her own take on the situation... 
https://www.newshub.co.nz/home/new-zeala...ector.html

National spins everything they don't like into something it simply is not...

I think its reasonably well known that recovering from addiction does almost always involve slips for most undergoing recovery. But that is often used as an argument against doing anything much to help - setting up rehabs etc. - by those who aren't bothered by the addiction of others.
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
(13-12-2023, 11:37 AM)Kenj Wrote:
(13-12-2023, 09:10 AM)Kenj Wrote:  
.... and the other parties don't?  Tongue

Interesting bottom line in the above URL
Quote:Made with support from Te Māngai Pāho and the Public Interest Journalism Fund.

Quote:National spins everything they don't like into something it simply is not...

Apparently you do too.
This world would be a perfect place if it wasn't for the people.

Sharesies | Buy Crypto | Surfshark VPN | Cloud Backup
(13-12-2023, 09:38 AM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote: I think anyone who uses the word 'majorly' should be taken out the back and shot.

Agreed - imo it shouldn't even be a word. Dodgy
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
(13-12-2023, 04:10 PM)Lilith7 Wrote:
(13-12-2023, 09:38 AM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote: I think anyone who uses the word 'majorly' should be taken out the back and shot.

Agreed - imo it shouldn't even be a word. Dodgy
Yep. Right up there with learnings.
(13-12-2023, 04:32 PM)harm_less Wrote:
(13-12-2023, 04:10 PM)Lilith7 Wrote: Agreed - imo it shouldn't even be a word. Dodgy
Yep. Right up there with learnings.

Really - 'learnings??!' Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Rolleyes