Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Short sighted govt
(26-12-2023, 11:24 AM)C_T_Russell Wrote:
(26-12-2023, 10:32 AM)Lilith7 Wrote: IF any of our politicians had a healthy social conscience, was capable of looking further ahead than their term in govt & genuinely had the well being of all those they allegedly serve foremost, then we would have a properly funded & organised health service. The sort where everyone is able to access medical treatment when needed, rather than it only being available to those whop are well off enough to afford private medical care.

But we haven't so far managed that, & this particular govt appears more interested in the well being of their well off donors than anything else. 

Money can be made from sick people (never mind the quality of treatment) & from education (never mind the quality of learning) & from all sorts of other things - which is clearly all that matters to this lot.  Dodgy
1.2 billion dollars was wasted on 3 waters alone.
Not to mention the billions wasted on covid, imagine what the money could have done if invested into the health system?
Labour spent billions post covid too with nothing to show for it either.

yes Isaw first hand the deplorable state of hospital  chronic staff shortage    , waited in emergency room after being delivered by amblance   after  a   stroke for 14 hours before  being admitted   5 hours  for first exam nby nurse   second tests    4hours laterthen doc exam  3 hours later & finally a bed2  hours later    .  Labour poured mills$  up    into    splitting the    system7     employing more management    instead of  at the coalface for     more     staff  & beds
(31-12-2023, 04:51 PM)joe 90 Wrote:
(26-12-2023, 11:24 AM)C_T_Russell Wrote: 1.2 billion dollars was wasted on 3 waters alone.
Not to mention the billions wasted on covid, imagine what the money could have done if invested into the health system?
Labour spent billions post covid too with nothing to show for it either.

yes Isaw first hand the deplorable state of hospital  chronic staff shortage    , waited in emergency room after being delivered by amblance   after  a   stroke for 14 hours before  being admitted   5 hours  for first exam nby nurse   second tests    4hours laterthen doc exam  3 hours later & finally a bed2  hours later    .  Labour poured mills$  up    into    splitting the    system7     employing more management    instead of  at the coalface for     more     staff  & beds

How long does it take to train nurses? Doctors? How are the current bunch going to improve the numbers of these people? Steal them from elsewhere ?(good luck with that when you're competing with richer countries.) If the current idiots in government start now with incentive schemes for people to go into the medical professions, we will see trained nurses available in 4 or 5 years, and doctors in just under 10 years. Reckon they will do anything?
I do have other cameras!
(31-12-2023, 06:59 PM)Praktica Wrote:
(31-12-2023, 04:51 PM)joe 90 Wrote: yes Isaw first hand the deplorable state of hospital  chronic staff shortage    , waited in emergency room after being delivered by amblance   after  a   stroke for 14 hours before  being admitted   5 hours  for first exam nby nurse   second tests    4hours laterthen doc exam  3 hours later & finally a bed2  hours later    .  Labour poured mills$  up    into    splitting the    system7     employing more management    instead of  at the coalface for     more     staff  & beds

How long does it take to train nurses? Doctors? How are the current bunch going to improve the numbers of these people? Steal them from elsewhere ?(good luck with that when you're competing with richer countries.) If the current idiots in government start now with incentive schemes for people to go into the medical professions, we will see trained nurses available in 4 or 5 years, and doctors in just under 10 years. Reckon they will do anything?
My sister is a nurse of >45 years experience working in orthopaedics. She is sick and tired of trying to bring recent immigrant nurses with poor English language skills up to speed. Overworked, underpaid and now expected to put enormous effort into addressing the shortfall in the NZ health system. Unless this latest numpty government puts some real effort into sorting this shit out our health systems will be fucked inside 3 years (assuming the coalition doesn't fly to bits before then).
With members of Parliament getting a pay rise, I'm sure they will now increase nurses, and teachers pay...it's only fair...
In and out of jobs, running free
Waging war with society
(01-01-2024, 08:25 AM)Zurdo Wrote: With members of Parliament getting a pay rise, I'm sure they will now increase nurses, and teachers pay...it's only fair...

Yeah, of course they will.

And I am Marie of Romania... Rolleyes Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
Dosnt worry the weekend cyclist lot i see heaps of them on kapiti coast every weekend on sh 1