Fancy man and loose woman, lol...

Some changes are good ones!
(15-01-2024, 11:37 AM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote: Living in sin

Which reminded me - 'she got herself pregnant!' Rolleyes Big Grin Big Grin

No better than she should be.
He's a bit of a lad.
Sowing his wild oats.
Mad as a hatter.
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
That mad as a hatter one came about because hatters used and ingested mercury when making felt.

These days we should say mad as a Japanese dolphin fisher. Same reason
(15-01-2024, 04:52 PM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote: That mad as a hatter one came about because hatters used and ingested mercury when making felt.

These days we should say mad as a Japanese dolphin fisher. Same reason

Yeah, I read a bit about that somewhere. Then again, maybe dogs are right & humans are nuts.. Rolleyes Big Grin
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
Lift doesn't go to the top floor.

Playing without a full deck of cards.

I wouldn't pee on them even if they were on fire.
It's not the least charm of a theory that it is refutable. The hundred-times-refuted theory of "free will" owes its persistence to this charm alone; some one is always appearing who feels himself strong enough to refute it - Friedrich Nietzsche
Talking nineteen to the dozen.
About as many brains as a hen could hold in its shut fist.
Never in a month of Saturdays/Sundays.
As slow as a wet week.
Intelligent design.
Fresh as a daisy.
Put the wood in the hole (close the door)
Worn to a frazzle.
Sick as a parrot.
The short end of the stick.
Swinging the lead.
Half pie - haven't heard that one for decades!
As far as I know it's "half pai", meaning half of "ka pai', meaning good in te reo.   I  still say it from time to time when someone has botched a job or not made enough effort to get something right.
(23-01-2024, 08:10 PM)Olive Wrote: As far as I know it's "half pai", meaning half of "ka pai', meaning good in te reo.   I  still say it from time to time when someone has botched a job or not made enough effort to get something right.

That would make sense  - half pai, rather han half pie.

As mad as a cut snake.
As mad as a wet hen.
Running around like a chook with its head cut off
Running around like a mad woman's fart
(i.e. totally disorganised)
Fizzing at the bung.
It's not the least charm of a theory that it is refutable. The hundred-times-refuted theory of "free will" owes its persistence to this charm alone; some one is always appearing who feels himself strong enough to refute it - Friedrich Nietzsche
Were you born in a tent?! (If someone left the door open.)

Beyond the black stump.
Up the booeye/ai.
as useful as tits on a bull
A pound to a penny.
Don't get up in the air.
Don't get your back up.
As quick as a rat up a drainpipe.
About as much use as a chocolate teapot.
Your beard makes you look like a rat up a drainpipe.

Take care of the pennies and the pounds will take care of themselves.

Going at it hell for leather.

Running around like a chook with its head cut off.

Dragged from pillar to post.

Ants in their pants.
(25-01-2024, 11:06 PM)zqwerty Wrote: Your beard makes you look like a rat up a drainpipe.

Take care of the pennies and the pounds will take care of themselves.

Going at it hell for leather.

Running around like a chook with its head cut off.

Dragged from pillar to post.

Ants in their pants.

Haven't heard some of those for years, had forgotten most. Smile

Then he/she turned around & said...

Make do & mend.

Waste not, want not.