Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Things you don't hear so much anymore
Mutton dressed up as lamb.
It's not the least charm of a theory that it is refutable. The hundred-times-refuted theory of "free will" owes its persistence to this charm alone; some one is always appearing who feels himself strong enough to refute it - Friedrich Nietzsche
We were traveling so fast we met ourselves coming back the other way.
It's not the least charm of a theory that it is refutable. The hundred-times-refuted theory of "free will" owes its persistence to this charm alone; some one is always appearing who feels himself strong enough to refute it - Friedrich Nietzsche
Sling your hook.
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
What can't be cured must be endured.
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
Keep your hair on.

A wigwam for a goose's bridle.

Rattle your dags.

Living off the smell of an oily rag.
Hell's teeth.
It wasn't a patch on xyz.
Don't get up in the air about it.
Mind over matter.

Faint heart never won fair lady.

Bold as brass.
Don't let the cat out of the bag.
Sitting on the fence.
Its not to be sneezed at.
Has the cat got your tongue?
A coward dies a thousand deaths, a brave man only one.

Tempus fugit (29 b.c. by the Roman poet Vergil) - “time flies” but the correct translation is "time flees".
Go & teach your Grandmother to suck eggs.

Once ina blue moon.

Struth!
How many angels can dance on the head of a pin?

What can go up a chimney down but can't go down a chimney up?