Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Accelerated axing of Maori health blindsides campaigners
(10-03-2024, 01:33 PM)C_T_Russell Wrote:
(10-03-2024, 01:02 PM)harm_less Wrote: I'm probably pissing in the wind here but once again, what is your definition of 'woke'? You know the term that RWNJs spread around with gay abandon.

It's a broad term used for anything, particularly around undoing anything deemed offensive when in reality it's not.
It's like they are trying to create a problem that was never there.
In other words, political correctness on steroids.
That's why Eskimo pies and Eskimo lollies are no longer a thing.
One reason Elon Musk bought twitter was to take this on.
I asked for a definition of 'woke' not the usual rambling diatribe of your opinions.
It came out of the BLM movement, and means 'awakened'..

As in enlightened. Not something our friend can claim to be.
(10-03-2024, 05:41 PM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote: It came out of the BLM movement, and means 'awakened'..

The best definition I can come up with is an antonym of bigoted or racist.
(10-03-2024, 05:41 PM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote: It came out of the BLM movement, and means 'awakened'..

I can certainly tell you my eyes are wide awake to whats going on, there is a huge awakening happening around the globe as we speak!
Its the other way round, the "woke" are really asleep and are being manipulated to suit another agenda.
BLM is reverse racism, they are an "anti white" movement.
ANTIFA and BLM started so many riots after George Floyd was killed, lets not talk about the elephant in the room that is police brutality but instead play the race card.
HUMAN LIVES MATTER no matter what race, i will never single out another race.

Morgan Freeman has spoken out in this regard too.
Unapologetic NZ first voter, white cis male, climate change skeptic.
(11-03-2024, 11:34 PM)C_T_Russell Wrote:

I can certainly tell you my eyes are wide awake to whats going on, there is a huge awakening happening around the globe as we speak!
Its the other way round, the "woke" are really asleep and are being manipulated to suit another agenda.
ANTIFA and BLM started so many riots after George Floyd was killed, lets not talk about the elephant in the room that is police brutality but instead play the race card.

And still you FAIL to provide a concise definition of your favoured catch cry Rolleyes
(12-03-2024, 07:50 AM)harm_less Wrote:
(11-03-2024, 11:34 PM)C_T_Russell Wrote: I can certainly tell you my eyes are wide awake to whats going on, there is a huge awakening happening around the globe as we speak!

And still you FAIL to provide a concise definition of your favoured catch cry Rolleyes
Of course he fails - all these idiots do is parrot the blurts of their masters.
I do have other cameras!

After centuries of oppression, you would deny BLM a voice to advocate for their own well being?  That clearly isn't anti-white, self preservation I would call it...

As for that elephant in the room - what do you think triggers the police brutality against blacks? Police brutality is an outcome, but racism is well and truly the cause in this situation...
This world would be a perfect place if it wasn't for the people.

Sharesies | Buy Crypto | Surfshark VPN | Cloud Backup

The point, which you're desperately trying to ignore, is that for centuries people of colour have been deliberately disadvantaged by various govts, especially in the USA. That includes constant harrasment by police & more than one case of innocent people being imprisoned, & also murders going 'unsolved' and/or unpunished because the victim was black.

THAT is why BLM cam into being; that organisation has never once said that other lives do not matter, not once. 

But those opposed to them love to say that 'all lives matter' while wilfully ignoring reality. Dodgy
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
(12-03-2024, 10:41 AM)Lilith7 Wrote:
(11-03-2024, 11:34 PM)C_T_Russell Wrote: I can certainly tell you my eyes are wide awake to whats going on, there is a huge awakening happening around the globe as we speak!

The point, which you're desperately trying to ignore, is that for centuries people of colour have been deliberately disadvantaged by various govts, especially in the USA. That includes constant harrasment by police & more than one case of innocent people being imprisoned, & also murders going 'unsolved' and/or unpunished because the victim was black.

THAT is why BLM cam into being; that organisation has never once said that other lives do not matter, not once. 

But those opposed to them love to say that 'all lives matter' while wilfully ignoring reality. Dodgy

I think for that lot, changing the narrative to "all lives matter" allows for the inevitable "but some more than others"...

(12-03-2024, 11:35 AM)king1 Wrote:
(12-03-2024, 10:41 AM)Lilith7 Wrote: The point, which you're desperately trying to ignore, is that for centuries people of colour have been deliberately disadvantaged by various govts, especially in the USA. That includes constant harrasment by police & more than one case of innocent people being imprisoned, & also murders going 'unsolved' and/or unpunished because the victim was black.

I think for that lot, changing the narrative to "all lives matter" allows for the inevitable "but some more than others"...

I suspect you're probably right; typical Neoliberal 'thinking'.

According to their daft views, some people are 'entitled' to large incomes for little effort, ridiculously expensive houses/cars etc. etc. while others are only 'entitled' to suffer because they can't afford decent healthcare, work long hours for tiny wages & generally live fairly miserable lives.

Presumably, while frantically tugging their forelocks & being ever so subservient... Rolleyes Dodgy
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
Good job it would cost billions $ we cant afford .$ better spent at the coal face of health , more staff more beds .Tongueerhaps maori could do more themselves to improve their health than rely on ambulance at the bottom of the ciff . Race based prioritised health care should have no place inNZ
True, it should just be health care - and if Maori need it more than others, they should get it.

But they do need to look after themselves better, they don't do well on a rubbish diet - more education needed there, and growing their own food as well.
In and out of jobs, running free
Waging war with society
(16-03-2024, 08:52 PM)Zurdo Wrote: True, it should just be health care - and if Maori need it more than others, they should get it.

But they do need to look after themselves better, they don't do well on a rubbish diet - more education needed there, and growing their own food as well.

there are lots of porky white folks around that could do with some educating as well - and as for growing your own food, I imagine that will work if you have the land available, but it might be difficult in the future with all the condensed housing going up

I have seen as many as 4 flats where there used to be only one house in Sydenham Christchurch. The site was completely cleared, all old fruiting trees pulled down, taken back to bare earth then 4 austere modern flats with nearly no garden space put up. Don't know where they think the inevitable children will play.

Just creating a new set of problems really.
It's not the least charm of a theory that it is refutable. The hundred-times-refuted theory of "free will" owes its persistence to this charm alone; some one is always appearing who feels himself strong enough to refute it - Friedrich Nietzsche
(16-03-2024, 06:53 PM)joe 90 Wrote: Good job    it would cost  billions  $  we  cant afford  .$ better spent at the coal face  of health    , more staff  more beds  .Tongueerhaps  maori could do more themselves to improve their health  than rely on ambulance at the bottom of the ciff  .  Race based prioritised  health care should have no place  inNZ
Damn right.
Spending billions on a separate health system for one race is not beneficial.
Is cheaper to run a single health system that can identify and serve everyone's needs.
Unapologetic NZ first voter, white cis male, climate change skeptic.
(17-03-2024, 07:07 AM)zqwerty Wrote: I have seen as many as 4 flats where there used to be only one house in Sydenham Christchurch.  The site was completely cleared, all old fruiting trees pulled down, taken back to bare earth then 4 austere modern flats with nearly no garden space put up.  Don't know where they think the inevitable children will play.

Just creating a new set of problems really.

Similar in this area too; some went up next to one of the parks where we go for walks. I think from memory there were three/four houses which were destroyed/damaged in the quakes, & there are now six large two storey houses,each with two flats, so now 12 families there - & very little outside space. The garden sheds are only very slightly larger than the old dunny used to be so not sure just what could be stored in those, but probably not much more than a small lawnmower & perhaps a rake.

People need some space to grow a garden & for kids to play & for car parking - that should be taken into consideration when designing & building new housing.  We can be a very stupid species sometimes...