Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
More trouble for the Greens
(24-03-2024, 03:08 PM)dken31 Wrote: Not typical of the Greens at all...except for Gahraman shop lifting...and Menedez March trying to abuse his position of power to get himself and his partner through quarantine...and except for Shaw lying about his academic record and Davidson spouting racist misandry...and except for Kerekere's bullying. But aside from those MPs, the others are probably all squeaky clean (or maybe they just haven't been caught yet).

https://www.rnz.co.nz/news/political/496...portfolios

" National MP Tim van de Molen has been stood down from his portfolios for contempt of Parliament, after threatening behaviour towards Labour's Shanan Halbert.

National leader Christopher Luxon stood the MP down after Parliament's Privileges Committee found him in contempt and recommended he be censured."

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/jami-lee-r...K2SC63ZQU/

"Police have referred Jami-Lee Ross' complaint about National's election donations to the Serious Fraud Office.
Ross, who was kicked out of the National Party last year, lodged a complaint with police in October."

https://www.newshub.co.nz/home/politics/...story.html

"Andrew Falloon scandal
Collins almost immediately faced a scandal. It emerged that there were "at least five" complaints against former National MP Andrew Falloon from women who accused him of sending lewd images. Falloon resigned.

National Party candidate Jake Bezzant resigned from the party in June after his ex-girlfriend accused him in a podcast of posing as her to solicit explicit images online. Collins said it was "disgraceful". 

At around the same time, Collins denied allegations she forced veteran MP Nick Smith to retire from Parliament so she could replace him with a political ally, Harete Hipango. 
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
I wasn't really commenting on them relative to other parties; I was simply pointing out that the "not in character for the Greens" claim wasn't really true.
(24-03-2024, 09:32 PM)dken31 Wrote: I wasn't really commenting on them relative to other parties; I was simply pointing out that the "not in character for the Greens" claim wasn't really true.

As I was pointing out that bad behaviour isn't limited solely to the Greens; every party is made up of humans & humans can do some incredibly stupid things.
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
If something is in character for a group of people, it would be present in all of them surely?

Bit like saying the Nats are all stingy power hungry halfwits, which is patently untrue. I think that's called painting with rather a broad brush.
Best news ever, the scumbags hiding in the green party are slowly being discovered one by one.
Unapologetic NZ first voter, white cis male, climate change skeptic.
Unlike CTers, who out themselves first thing...
(29-03-2024, 09:03 AM)C_T_Russell Wrote: Best news ever, the scumbags hiding in the green party are slowly being discovered one by one.

Funny that the scumbags discovered in the National party are mainly still in parliament.
I do have other cameras!
(29-03-2024, 09:03 AM)C_T_Russell Wrote: Best news ever, the scumbags hiding in the green party are slowly being discovered one by one.

If only that was true of every party, some good might be accomplished...
(29-03-2024, 10:18 AM)Lilith7 Wrote:

If only that was true of every party, some good might be accomplished...

That's right, a great deal of politicians are in it for the wrong reasons, doesn't matter what party, but red and blue are the worst.
Unapologetic NZ first voter, white cis male, climate change skeptic.
(25-03-2024, 11:06 AM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote: If something is in character for a group of people, it would be present in all of them surely?

Bit like saying the Nats are all stingy power hungry halfwits, which is patently untrue. I think that's called painting with rather a broad brush.

For something to be in character for a group of people, it just has to be present in a significant number of them, not necessarily every single member. In the same way that an individual can be characterised by something they do often, but not necessarily all the time. 

With that in mind, can we finally all accept that the Greens are characterised by behaviour unbeffiting of elected officials and quite clearly have a very serious culture problem?

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/fresh-alle...X5CPVPJ74/
(02-05-2024, 10:40 PM)dken31 Wrote:
(25-03-2024, 11:06 AM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote: If something is in character for a group of people, it would be present in all of them surely?

For something to be in character for a group of people, it just has to be present in a significant number of them, not necessarily every single member. In the same way that an individual can be characterised by something they do often, but not necessarily all the time. 

With that in mind, can we finally all accept that the Greens are characterised by behaviour unbeffiting of elected officials and quite clearly have a very serious culture problem?

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/fresh-alle...X5CPVPJ74/

If you expanded it to all political parties at various points in time, I would be inclined to agree - but it is somewhat representative of people in general TBH
This world would be a perfect place if it wasn't for the people.

Sharesies | Buy Crypto | Surfshark VPN | Cloud Backup
I suspect that Julie Anne's faux pas in recent times has more to do with the stresses of dealing with a coalition government who seem hell bent on undoing years of environmental and social good work which to a large degree the Greens have contributed to significantly. It must be extremely frustrating to be witness to the likes of Luxon, Seymour, Bishop, Jones and Brown's ignorance of the effects of their recent policies.

The government are yet to see the full resentment of the general population in regards to the policies they are in the process of implementing but as the wider population start recognising the full effects of those policies Julie Anne's outbursts may well pale into insignificance.
If you watch the piece you see the few other MPs present laughing at the tantrum...But I guess the chance to go officially postal on Genter is too good to miss. A male MP being intimidated by a female? Yeah, that's such a good look...
(Yesterday, 10:01 AM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote: If you watch the piece you see the few other MPs present laughing at the tantrum...But I guess the chance to go officially postal on Genter is too good to miss. A male MP being intimidated by a female? Yeah, that's such a good look...
Pretty tame compared to the outright fist fights in Latin American, Asian and other parliaments that make their way into international news from time to time. I cam image a few of our MPs falling like a sack of shit if they copped a well placed punch, but it would be so gratifying to witness.
Be really good if it was a female punch and the target was...

Oh, did I say that out loud?

Must say though, I think the forbearance most of the Greens show on a constant basis is an example to us all. I'm surprised they aren't all gibbering idiots from the sheer stress of holding it in.
(Yesterday, 10:40 AM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote: Be really good if it was a female punch and the target was...

Oh, did I say that out loud?

Must say though, I think the forbearance most of the Greens show on a constant basis is an example to us all. I'm surprised they aren't all gibbering idiots from the sheer stress of holding it in.

I strongly suspect that most of them have a punchbag at home, for stress release... Rolleyes Big Grin