Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
WTB Cellphone
Must be Android 9 or higher.
Not fussy so long as it is a smartphone and not Huawai.

My current phone (Thanks Kenj!!) Is fine, great. But certain apps I use announce they will not continue on my Android 8 and the phone cannot be updated to 9.
I've always used Motorola G3, now on G7 etc not hideously expensive and reasonably stock standard
This world would be a perfect place if it wasn't for the people.

Sharesies | Buy Crypto | Surfshark VPN | Cloud Backup
Buy New, they aren't all expensive. I got an Oppo A54s (6.5" Screen , 128MB Storage)  Couple of years old now, has all the bells and whistles most of which I never use, was around $300 at the time ( Harvey Norman) , comes with Android 13.

Its quite a tough little device, had MANY a  bounce test, saved I suspect probably due to the leather style case its in.

Dont be suckered into some Name brands and pay  $$$$$$, LOTS of others that do the same for less.
Upgrades = Old bugs replaced with new Bugs.
(18-03-2024, 07:43 PM)Wainuitech Wrote: Buy New, they aren't all expensive. I got an Oppo A54s (6.5" Screen , 128MB Storage)  Couple of years old now, has all the bells and whistles most of which I never use, was around $300 at the time ( Harvey Norman) , comes with Android 13.

Its quite a tough little device, had MANY a  bounce test, saved I suspect probably due to the leather style case its in.

Dont be suckered into some Name brands and pay  $$$$$$, LOTS of others that do the same for less.

Sure they are. When your income is $438 a week and most of it goes on sharing the bills.
I sure can't afford a weeks pay on a phone
(19-03-2024, 12:47 PM)piroska Wrote:
(18-03-2024, 07:43 PM)Wainuitech Wrote: Buy New, they aren't all expensive. I got an Oppo A54s (6.5" Screen , 128MB Storage)  Couple of years old now, has all the bells and whistles most of which I never use, was around $300 at the time ( Harvey Norman) , comes with Android 13.

Sure they are. When your income is $438 a week and most of it goes on sharing the bills.
I sure can't afford a weeks pay on a phone

Save up for one then. The problem with 2nd hand phones is they are sometimes ( often) out of date or there's a fault with them, hence people getting rid of.  There was a article on Fairgo the other week, iphone 6 out of date and the banks app wont work anymore.

Basically throwing away your money on someone's rubbish. Looking around here, there's a few older Androids, wouldn't even give them away as they are unreliable, slow as a wet week even with a new install or to out of date for some apps (like you mentioned yours is).

The latest Android is 14, (15 is on the way) so really anything ( at a guess) older that 12 and it will soon be out of date for some apps.
Upgrades = Old bugs replaced with new Bugs.
have to agree, at most you only get 7 or 8 years of updates to phones etc  some as low as 2 years guaranteed... and that is from when they are first released.  Sure you can keep using it past the end of support date, but that has the usual risk tradeoff...
This world would be a perfect place if it wasn't for the people.

Sharesies | Buy Crypto | Surfshark VPN | Cloud Backup