Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Long Game - Stuff Circuit Doco
Worth watching. Husband and I watched it today. An interesting watch.
Anyone else seen it?
That's very concerning.

https://www.stuff.co.nz/nz-news/35007269...-successor
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
just finished watching it now, probably could have been condensed a bit, but certainly highlights a major issue for NZ and presumably other western nations...
This world would be a perfect place if it wasn't for the people.

Sharesies | Buy Crypto | Surfshark VPN | Cloud Backup
I think examining the backgrounds of our MPs of any party reveals some very interesting connections, mentorships, and links that could be seen as distinctly dicey.

Just one of my locals - East Coast Bays, boy there's been some names through that local office...
Interesting presentation. The Falun Gong woman whose tyres were allegedly slashed had good reason to not trust the NZ Police it seems.

I'm now wondering how naive Luxon was in his anti-North Korea and China rhetoric while Japan. He was definitely sticking his head above the parapets, probably oblivious to the potential risks in doing so.

With NZ's population projected to be over 30% Asian immigrants, predominantly from China, within the forseeable future the situation will only deepen I feel.
We have been the retirement home for wealthy Chinese for a while now. Till Winston got shirty and changed the timeline for Super...
Watching that report, I wondered if perhaps its a similar story in most,if not every country & if perhaps China's long term plan includes ruling the entire world..
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
(21-06-2024, 11:54 AM)Lilith7 Wrote: Watching that report, I wondered if perhaps its a similar story in most,if not every country & if perhaps China's long term plan includes ruling the entire world..
China has a far longer term view in regard to its strategies than do the Western powers. 3 or 4 year electoral terms don't help us and China is far more skilled at playing the long game. This doco series (of 3 episodes) is worth watching to better understand the issues at play.

(21-06-2024, 12:04 PM)harm_less Wrote:
(21-06-2024, 11:54 AM)Lilith7 Wrote: Watching that report, I wondered if perhaps its a similar story in most,if not every country & if perhaps China's long term plan includes ruling the entire world..
China has a far longer term view in regard to its strategies than do the Western powers. 3 or 4 year electoral terms don't help us and China is far more skilled at playing the long game. This doco series (of 3 episodes) is worth watching to better understand the issues at play.

An interesting, if somewhat  potentially terrifying look at China.
Just came across this...

https://www.stuff.co.nz/nz-news/35031742...y-takeover
(20-06-2024, 08:56 PM)king1 Wrote: just finished watching it now, probably could have been condensed a bit, but certainly highlights a major issue for NZ and presumably other western nations...

Agreed, Australia has been facing the same issues too.
Former Chinese consulate member. "You can do everything by money."

https://www.stuff.co.nz/nz-news/35031848...ter-escape
Frightening and scary.
It's not the least charm of a theory that it is refutable. The hundred-times-refuted theory of "free will" owes its persistence to this charm alone; some one is always appearing who feels himself strong enough to refute it - Friedrich Nietzsche
(23-06-2024, 11:17 AM)Lilith7 Wrote: Former Chinese consulate member. "You can do everything by money."

From a business trip we made to China in 2012 with a (non-Chinese) interpreter it was obvious then that the Chinese population was heavily indoctrinated with the Chinese infrastructure and social foundations being the 'biggest, best, highest, oldest, fastest, etc.' Also the sheer scale of what we saw there made it feel that New Zealand was minuscule in comparison and that China could 'buy and sell New Zealand before breakfast' and hardly notice. Cities 2 hours drive apart with populations of >11 million and >26 million respectively was definitely an eye opening perspective for us.
(23-06-2024, 11:53 AM)harm_less Wrote:
(23-06-2024, 11:17 AM)Lilith7 Wrote: Former Chinese consulate member. "You can do everything by money."

From a business trip we made to China in 2012 with a (non-Chinese) interpreter it was obvious then that the Chinese population was heavily indoctrinated with the Chinese infrastructure and social foundations being the 'biggest, best, highest, oldest, fastest, etc.' Also the sheer scale of what we saw there made it feel that New Zealand was minuscule in comparison and that China could 'buy and sell New Zealand before breakfast' and hardly notice. Cities 2 hours drive apart with populations of >11 million and >26 million respectively was definitely an eye opening perspective for us.

Yeah...I'm quite frequently extremely grateful to various ancestors for having the sense to emigrate here rather than America, & having seen that & read a bit I'm also quite pleased not to have been born in China. Poor people; it seems only slighty better than North Korea.
(23-06-2024, 03:36 PM)Lilith7 Wrote:
(23-06-2024, 11:53 AM)harm_less Wrote: From a business trip we made to China in 2012 with a (non-Chinese) interpreter it was obvious then that the Chinese population was heavily indoctrinated with the Chinese infrastructure and social foundations being the 'biggest, best, highest, oldest, fastest, etc.' Also the sheer scale of what we saw there made it feel that New Zealand was minuscule in comparison and that China could 'buy and sell New Zealand before breakfast' and hardly notice. Cities 2 hours drive apart with populations of >11 million and >26 million respectively was definitely an eye opening perspective for us.

Yeah...I'm quite frequently extremely grateful to various ancestors for having the sense to emigrate here rather than America, & having seen that & read a bit I'm also quite pleased not to have been born in China. Poor people; it seems only slighty better than North Korea.
China has plenty of their population that are quite content with their lot in life. With over 800 billionaires in China it can in no way be compared to the economic and draconian cot case that is North Korea.

This Guyon Espiner interview this afternoon provides great insight into our likely coming decades. Succinct and confronting international commentary and predictions.
Although they are very different, both govts have a large amount of control over the people & tend to be quite ruthless in exercising it.
This doco struck a nerve it seems https://www.stuff.co.nz/politics/3503220...alists-not
(25-06-2024, 09:11 PM)harm_less Wrote: This doco struck a nerve it seems https://www.stuff.co.nz/politics/3503220...alists-not

Love the comment from our Foreign Minister
Quote:“That’s all I can say. You’re having an argument with a foreign Government now, aren’t you... Nothing to do with me,” Peters said.

So your job is?
This world would be a perfect place if it wasn't for the people.

Sharesies | Buy Crypto | Surfshark VPN | Cloud Backup
(25-06-2024, 11:09 PM)king1 Wrote:
(25-06-2024, 09:11 PM)harm_less Wrote: This doco struck a nerve it seems https://www.stuff.co.nz/politics/3503220...alists-not

Love the comment from our Foreign Minister
Quote:“That’s all I can say. You’re having an argument with a foreign Government now, aren’t you... Nothing to do with me,” Peters said.

So your job is?

That would be ducking & diving, obviously... Rolleyes Big Grin Big Grin