Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Favorite Cafes around New Zealand.
It's run down and pretty tired but I've always loved Nick's Cafe in Kilbirnie, Wellington because that's where my dad would take us for "special" breakfasts of sausages and eggs when we were little. I even made a picture of Nick at school one day and he put it up on the wall. It's run by his wife now and it's definitely seen better days but it just feels like "home".

Haven't been in a while but once we get back to Wellington, I'm going to pop in.

I also miss Sweet Fanny Anne's which used to be by the bus terminal in Wellington Central, attached to Te Herenga Waka Victoria University's Pipitea Campus. Claire, the owner, was cool as fuck and would even let me run through some of my assignment ideas with her before I wrote them. I remember a customer was rude with her once and, without him knowing, she drew a penis on the underside of his cup - so people would see it only when he drank from the cup. Claire was a bad ass and that place helped me feel comfortable with my studies. It's no longer there as they got moved on with a redevelopment years ago, and VicBooks took over the coffee making on that part of the campus.

When I was in Dunedin, the Brunch N Lunch on Frederick Street was a favourite. The number of times I had finished my shift at the bar, finished drinking at a coworkers place, and realised it was about to open as I was walking home.. Eureka Cafe, at the end of Hyde Street, was also pretty good too.

Messages In This Thread
Favorite Cafes around New Zealand. - by Ferrit47 - 10-01-2021, 09:53 AM
RE: Favorite Cafes around New Zealand. - by reigns - 11-02-2022, 02:57 PM