Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pro vs anti
It is out there though. My Dad was tested for it as part of his disease assessment. Turned out to be a very specific kind of lung cancer.
(04-12-2021, 04:16 PM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote: It is out there though. My Dad was tested for it as part of his disease assessment. Turned out to be a very specific kind of lung cancer.
That doesn't sound much fun.
A neighbour of ours had it when I was a kid & we all had to have a chest  X ray & a jab, since we'd been in contact. If your jab reacted, you were in the clear; we all were.
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
To the anti-vaxxers/doubters here, smallpox was eradicated by vaccine.

[Image: Screen-Shot-2021-10-04-at-5.25.12-PM-768x944.png]

Although I feel it's unlikely Covid vaccines will have the same result, they're the best weapons we have to mitigate its damage - both to you, your loved ones, and society. Masks help, too.

Otherwise, the only solution is for everyone to isolate themselves to prevent the virus's transmission and replication. No exceptions or exemptions. Unfortunately, it's a bit impractical.
Autumn comes
Latest Omicron news from  a hospital in South Africa is looking positive.     76% of patients admitted were admitted for other health
issues and then found to have covid.   Higher transmission rates are not translating into higher admission rates or deaths, so far.

https://www.samrc.ac.za/news/tshwane-dis...y-features
What we want to see is discharge rates from hospital, compared to deaths for omicron.
I do have other cameras!
(06-12-2021, 07:30 AM)Kay2021 Wrote: Latest Omicron news from  a hospital in South Africa is looking positive.     76% of patients admitted were admitted for other health
issues and then found to have covid.   Higher transmission rates are not translating into higher admission rates or deaths, so far.

What it actually says is ...
Quote:The high proportion of COVID incidental adult patients and the increased number of SARS-CoV-2 positive admissions among children aged 0-9 may reflect higher rates of community transmission compared to previous waves (variants) that is not translating into higher admission rates for a primary COVID-19 diagnosis. More time is required to fully answer the questions about the severity of COVID-19 caused by the new Omicron Variant.
This world would be a perfect place if it wasn't for the people.

Sharesies | Buy Crypto | Surfshark VPN | Cloud Backup
(06-12-2021, 11:01 AM)king1 Wrote:
(06-12-2021, 07:30 AM)Kay2021 Wrote: Latest Omicron news from  a hospital in South Africa is looking positive.     76% of patients admitted were admitted for other health

What it actually says is ...
Quote:The high proportion of COVID incidental adult patients and the increased number of SARS-CoV-2 positive admissions among children aged 0-9 may reflect higher rates of community transmission compared to previous waves (variants) that is not translating into higher admission rates for a primary COVID-19 diagnosis. More time is required to fully answer the questions about the severity of COVID-19 caused by the new Omicron Variant.
and "so far" means so far
Bit like Climate Change in that respect. So far it has just been weather...

So far.
(06-12-2021, 12:55 PM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote: Bit like Climate Change in that respect. So far it has just been weather...

So far.
It has been raining here today, so far, and I am so far over it  Shy
It was raining here, when I had to go out earlier. Stopped approximately ten seconds after I arrived home - drenched. Smile
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
Should be here too according to the forecast. But they keep saying it, and we keep watering the tomatoes.

I think Auckland is heading into another Summer drought. Which is good for my bones, but not the garden.
(06-12-2021, 12:45 PM)Kay2021 Wrote:
(06-12-2021, 11:01 AM)king1 Wrote: What it actually says is ...
and "so far" means so far
you've somehow managed to turn a statement of speculation on a possible causal effect, into a "fact" that has already happened... "So far" is just not true...  and the article says nothing about deaths in the context you use it ("higher admission rates or deaths").  Forgive me for thinking you're twisting words here to suit your own agenda...

(06-12-2021, 01:34 PM)king1 Wrote:
(06-12-2021, 12:45 PM)Kay2021 Wrote: and "so far" means so far
you've somehow managed to turn a statement of speculation on a possible cause, into a "fact" that has already happened... "So far" is just not true...  and the article says nothing about deaths in the context you use it ("higher admission rates or deaths").  Forgive me for thinking you're twisting words here to suit your own agenda...
Ok, you are forgiven  Rolleyes
(06-12-2021, 01:36 PM)Kay2021 Wrote:
(06-12-2021, 01:34 PM)king1 Wrote: you've somehow managed to turn a statement of speculation on a possible cause, into a "fact" that has already happened... "So far" is just not true...  and the article says nothing about deaths in the context you use it ("higher admission rates or deaths").  Forgive me for thinking you're twisting words here to suit your own agenda...
Ok, you are forgiven  Rolleyes
now, shall we move on to your agenda?  Wink

(06-12-2021, 01:23 PM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote: Should be here too according to the forecast. But they keep saying it, and we keep watering the tomatoes.

I think Auckland is heading into another Summer drought. Which is good for my bones, but not the garden.
Yes, have a sister up there, she is happy because the roses are not being wrecked as they are here.

(06-12-2021, 01:39 PM)king1 Wrote:
(06-12-2021, 01:36 PM)Kay2021 Wrote: Ok, you are forgiven  Rolleyes
now, shall we move on to your agenda?  Wink
?
(06-12-2021, 01:42 PM)Kay2021 Wrote:
(06-12-2021, 01:23 PM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote: Should be here too according to the forecast. But they keep saying it, and we keep watering the tomatoes.

Yes, have a sister up there, she is happy because the roses are not being wrecked as they are here.

(06-12-2021, 01:39 PM)king1 Wrote: now, shall we move on to your agenda?  Wink
?
Lovely Hunni, are they from your garden?
(06-12-2021, 04:39 PM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote:
(06-12-2021, 01:42 PM)Kay2021 Wrote: Yes, have a sister up there, she is happy because the roses are not being wrecked as they are here.

?
2 questions then. Are they yours or your sister's roses, and how do they smell?
(06-12-2021, 05:40 PM)Kay2021 Wrote: Lovely Hunni, are they from your garden?
Yes. I was lopping off water shoots and these got chopped in the process. It is a pretty thing but rampant...
(06-12-2021, 06:22 PM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote:
(06-12-2021, 05:40 PM)Kay2021 Wrote: Lovely Hunni, are they from your garden?
Yes. I was lopping off water shoots and these got chopped in the process. It is a pretty thing but rampant...

Water shoots, had to look that up, I don't know whether ours have any or not, will check tomorrow.  So pro or anti roses?  Lol just realized off topic