Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
What's the one thing you like here that wasn't on TM forums
(26-11-2021, 02:19 AM)Underwhelmed Wrote: I hope that certain Trade Me posters don't come here.

I suspect most of those muppets will be over at the i$$ues shitehole (hopefully anyways!)
(26-11-2021, 11:36 AM)madras_seersucker Wrote:
(26-11-2021, 02:19 AM)Underwhelmed Wrote: I hope that certain Trade Me posters don't come here.

I suspect most of those muppets will be over at the i$$ues shitehole (hopefully anyways!)
I've had a quick look around there.   Toxic!
Nothing, other than two members1 who I did a trade with some 12 years ago, we remained in contact via the boards up til closing. The other who was so sensible with great advice for then Miss 14 re her sporting activities, sadly she left Trade Me 10 years past. Superb individuals.
I have just joined & it will take me a little time to get used to a new site - I feel sad that trademe didn't find the value in the help that a lot of members gave freely.. I really miss being able to ask a question & have answers that could possibly help.. I find 'I' don't search as much for things I might want.. my words aren't always the correct ones, [there are comedians that use speech like I do & do very well..] I usually have a partner that I tell the periphial words to & he makes sense of what I want to say in one word.. hopefully he is home from hospital in a month or so.. but we are lucky that it's not worse.. and how do you do smile one here please Smile ooh a smile Smile
(06-12-2021, 05:50 PM)urbanrefugee54 Wrote: I have just joined & it will take me a little time to get used to a new site - I feel sad that trademe didn't find the value in the help that a lot of members gave freely.. I really miss being able to ask a question & have answers that could possibly help.. I find 'I' don't search as much for things I might want.. my words aren't always the correct ones, [there are comedians that use speech like I do & do very well..]  I usually have a partner that I tell the periphial words to & he makes sense of what I want to say in one word.. hopefully he is home from hospital in a month or so.. but we are lucky that it's not worse.. and how do you do  smile one here please Smile ooh a smile Smile
Welcome aboard. I'm sure you'll find a few of the old faces here as were on the Trade Me boards, and those numbers will increase over time.

I know from past experience it's not easy living without a partner when you're used to having your 'better half' about to make up for your own failings. Best wishes for the safe return of yours.
(06-12-2021, 05:50 PM)urbanrefugee54 Wrote: I have just joined & it will take me a little time to get used to a new site - I feel sad that trademe didn't find the value in the help that a lot of members gave freely.. I really miss being able to ask a question & have answers that could possibly help.. I find 'I' don't search as much for things I might want.. my words aren't always the correct ones, [there are comedians that use speech like I do & do very well..]  I usually have a partner that I tell the periphial words to & he makes sense of what I want to say in one word.. hopefully he is home from hospital in a month or so.. but we are lucky that it's not worse.. and how do you do  smile one here please Smile ooh a smile Smile
The more, the merrier. Smile We'll all get used to each other.
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
It is great to see you here, and welcome. Wink

Like all new things, it's a matter of learning a new format, but you will.

There are a few of us who sell on TM, so please feel free to ask questions about anything TM related.

You must be missing your husband terribly. Lets hope he has a speedy recovery, and is home before you know it. Heart
When I am looking for an item, appliance, vehicle etc. it is so nice to get "real" reviews and recommendations from NZers. I missed that when they got rid of the boards such as General. If I posted on a category and never got much or very little response I would post in General as a lot seem alot of members hung around there ;-)
(12-12-2021, 10:27 AM)gsdz4me Wrote: When I am looking for an item, appliance, vehicle etc. it is so nice to get "real" reviews and recommendations from NZers. I missed that when they got rid of the boards such as General. If I posted on a category and never got much or very little response I would post in General as a lot seem alot of members hung around there ;-)

The general boards were always alot of fun weren't they. Great advice. Great fun. Then the b*st*rds too them away. Then we all migrated to health and beauty..lol.

Most of us here either sell or buy on TM, so if you ever want to know anything, there are enough knowledgeable people to ask here.:)

Hope you enjoy these boards.
Be the kind of woman, that when your feet hit the floor each morning, the devil goes "oh crap, she's up".
I like it here because everybody respects each other more. There was very little respect towards each other on the TM board. There was respect but it was patchy. TM's board turned out the way it did because of the moderating system, or lack there of, it should have had dedicated independent moderators, like here, who everybody knows. Self moderating was the main problem with TM MB.