Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
S. Wiles & S. Hendy, claim against Auckland uni
Some of us still are.

But we're old.
Paranoia
Poor education
PC Bullshit
And then there's just a bit more of the usual human crap: Lie, Rob, attack, push agendas... Etc etc.

I can see it makes people paranoid.

But you Magoo, make a lot of sense.
(09-01-2022, 03:49 PM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote: Some of us still are.

But we're old.
im starting to feel it
i believe my grandfather has occupied my psyche while i slept, incubus stylee.
tbh i think i may have reached an age when i dont really care if people dont like what i say....
its quite liberating.
a few weeks back i fired a few verbal shots across the bow of a youngster who drunkenly lurched in front of me
while i looked for a carpark.
pardon the french but i think it best i quote him verbatim, he was most succinct.
"get fucked you grey headed old c**t"

i went to respond with a jagged riposte questioning his parentage, sexual proclivities and intellectual pedigree
when i got to thinking dammit hes right.
grey headed and old, but somehow he knew i was a 'c**t as well.
must have been psychic im thinking, or possibly a sorcerer.
So if you disappear out of view You know I will never say goodbye
(09-01-2022, 04:12 PM)Magoo Wrote:
(09-01-2022, 03:49 PM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote: Some of us still are.

But we're old.
im starting to feel it
tbh i think i may have reached an age when i dont really care if people dont like what i say....
its quite liberating.
a few weeks back i fired a few verbal shots across the bow of a youngster who drunkenly lurched in front of me
pardon the french but i think it best i quote him verbatim, he was most succinct.

i went to respond with a jagged riposte questioning his parentage, sexual proclivities and intellectual pedigree
Next time, perhaps wish the person ALL the attendant joys of it when, one day they too become a grey haired old c**t... Angel Big Grin Big Grin
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
(09-01-2022, 03:39 PM)Magoo Wrote: ...  the things we inoculated against werent pandemic .... 

.... we werent naïve or gullible imo, just sensible, stoic and fearless.

what happened?

Actually, many of the things we were inoculated for WERE pandemic and are now "minor" problems simply because everyone is innoculated, although some are rearing up again because people have become complacent. You missed polio off your list - a biggy back then. I recently found my original plunket book. Not only did I have the polio shots as a baby, but a few months later I also had something else that I didn't recognise and when I looked it up it turned out to be a [then] more modern polio shot. So I was well covered.

"What happened" is somehow people have lost trust for the medical professions. Instead of the doctors being god we have realised they are human and could be fallible. We also have the internet at our fingertips so people with crackpot ideas that never had a chance to be expressed now find others of like mind and away they go. The fact that they are so arrogant that they think they can know more than the medical professionals who now have infinitely more knowledge and education than those of yesteryear is the biggest problem we have

Anyway - I'm off to get my booster. Went in last week and was one day too soon for the 4 months.

(09-01-2022, 03:06 PM)Me+Me Wrote:  
While we're on the subject of speculatiion, how will you feel about all that if the situation worsens ?  Ie: a much worse variant appears.  One which kills in far greater numbers, more readily and  more easily, (and yes this could happen).  Would you then be in favor of greater restrictions, further mandatory health measures and etc for those who chose to be unvaccinated ?  In order to perhaps 'encourage' them to get vaccinated and assist in protecting the rest of us ?  or what ?

It actually did happen in 2002 with the first SARS virus (there's a reason why the covid virus is SARS cov-2). We dodged the bullet then because it died out before it took hold, but it did kill 10% of the people who caught it. We are just a mutation away from having something like that pop up again.

One of the biggest issues is that so many people seem to have lost all common sense. There's a serious contagious disease out there so we needed information, guidelines and legal support so that we could all be as safe as possible. Those that won't do the right thing just increase the risk for everyone, and increase the need for more stringent rules. And so the circle goes.
We had our booster shots yesterday. I have nothing adverse to report except for a sore arm..
I guess the next thing will be the ejector seat.
(09-01-2022, 03:39 PM)Magoo Wrote: do we not already have mandated health measures?
seatbelts and hard hats aside, we are subject to a multitude of substances administered to us.. no one ever told me what it was or whether i wanted it when i were a nipper.
it was just 'roll up your sleeve boy'
to this day i dont know what it was for. rubella, whooping cough? measles, malaria, tet  anus,?
whatever it was for it did the job, as i have suffered none of the above malaise.

i just had to trust mum and dad. it was the sixties, thalidomide was still a thing.
they had to trust the science. the things we inoculated against werent pandemic. 
they did it for the greater good. it was part of being a responsible, progressive society.

it was neither political nor media driven, it was health and well being driven.
no one was making a 'power grab' , no one was trying to manipulate us, or poison or debilitate us.
not a lot of transparency in govt, orwell, communism, shit to be afraid of. reasons to theorise conspiracy were never stronger yet it didnt happen?
we werent naïve or gullible imo, just sensible, stoic and fearless.

what happened?
Funny you mention thalidomide, everyone was told to trust the "science" which was flawed and a huge coverup, whats to say this wont be the case with some of these vaccines that were rolled out so fast? Only time will tell

Ive had all my shots for measles, polio, etc and am fine.
But just learned a friend at age 45 has suffered blood clots to her lungs after her covid jab and is fighting to get an exemption.
And guess what? She only got this to keep her job or else she would not have had it, and to top it off they are still forcing her to have her second round in a "controlled" environment in hospital and admister her blood thinners! WTF?
She aint going anywhere near anymore shots thats for sure, and she is still feeling unwell with extreme fatigue weeks later.
Seems they dont want to accept her claim. My aunt also got blood clots in the lungs and the Dr told her symptoms was just "anxiety" until she pestered the doctors and ended up getting ordered a CT scan.
im sorry for your friend and aunt.
but they are both unsubstantiated unrecorded and vague. just stories that suit your agenda, rather than form it.
to draw a conclusion from this would be foolish.
to believe it even more so.
So if you disappear out of view You know I will never say goodbye
100% agree
Those who really do have an adverse reaction to the vaccination are outnumbered by those who have no problems with it, & until medical science comes up with a better alternative, this is still our best weapon against covid.
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
(18-01-2022, 01:40 PM)Lilith7 Wrote: Those who really do have an adverse reaction to the vaccination are outnumbered by those who have no problems with it, & until medical science comes up with a better alternative, this is still our best weapon against covid.

Yes. And the big thing is that for every vaccine reaction we might fear, catching covid while unvaccinated is a far far far greater risk. THAT is what we need to fear the most.

It's weird how people who have happily had all of their expected vaccines in the past are suddenly scared of this one yet the newer technology makes it safer than ever at a time when it's more important than ever.
“We did not see this coming,” said Frisbee.
Really. None of your Farcebook experts told you this was possible? Rolleyes
(09-01-2022, 06:04 PM)Lilith7 Wrote:
(09-01-2022, 04:12 PM)Magoo Wrote: im starting to feel it
its quite liberating.

Next time, perhaps wish the person ALL the attendant joys of it when, one day they too become a grey haired old c**t... Angel Big Grin Big Grin

Well seems like you are 2/3rds there- could be all the way actually - do you have Grey hair?
Well it can kill anyone but when stupid people try for a Darwin award - sometimes they get one:

https://edition.cnn.com/2022/01/20/europ...index.html

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/world/covid-1...YZACOWAUM/

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/man...d-n1274922

https://www.wionews.com/world/anti-vacci...-us-442945

And there's bound to be hundreds or thousands of these unfortunate people who've died or suffered very serious and ongoing complications from Covid.

Fools
(21-01-2022, 09:41 PM)Me+Me Wrote: Well it can kill anyone but when stupid people try for a Darwin award - sometimes they get one:

https://edition.cnn.com/2022/01/20/europ...index.html

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/world/covid-1...YZACOWAUM/

And there's bound to be hundreds or thousands of these unfortunate people who've died or suffered very serious and ongoing complications from Covid.

Fools
Its almost a sort of poetic justice really for some of those people.

This one is particularly stupid:

"An anti-vaccine podcaster died after he was infected with COVID-19 while attending a conspiracy conference that eventually became a super-spreader.

Doug Kuzma, 61, died on Monday after being hospitalised for 10 days in Virginia, following a visit to the right-wing “ReAwaken America Tour” in Dallas, Texas on December 11.
He used to peddle conspiracy theories ranging from hospitals intentionally killing patients, doctors inflating Covid numbers to claims such as vaccine was being used to kill seniors."

Quite a few seem to be of the religious variety, too.

A man who mocked Covid-19 vaccinations died this week at a Los Angeles-area hospital after contracting the virus.

Stephen Harmon was 34.  Harmon attended Hillsong Church in Los Angeles.

Founder Brian Houston called him “one of the most generous people I know.”

Just not very bright, apparently.  Angel