Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
I wonder if Collins was feeling the heat
(25-11-2021, 02:15 PM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote: The reason I sported Collins for leader back when, was because I hoped she could destroy the party.

I doubt Luxton can put Humpty back together again. This could be the Rise  of ACT.
 Bloody hell - I hope not. While I have some respect for David Seymour for getting the end of life bill across the line, I just don't trust him, & seriously dislike the ACT party.

They're still too steeped in right wing Neo Liberalism & could do some damage if voted into power; I think this country has had more than enough of it over the past decades.

(25-11-2021, 02:55 PM)Olive Wrote:
(25-11-2021, 02:40 PM)Bracken Wrote: Just curious: when and where did the expression "rolled" come about - meaning "deposed", "dismissed", or "demoted" I presume - ?

Have never seen it before this day.
Rolled more commonly means robbed, but I think its political meaning has evolved to mean "shoved aside so abruptly as to fall and roll over and over"
  I remember it being used back when Jenny Shipley waited until PM Jim Bolger was out of NZ before knifing him in the back & grabbing the top spot.

'Rolled' probably sounds better than treacherous git grabbed top job. Big Grin
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)

Messages In This Thread
RE: I wonder if Collins was feeling the heat - by jackford - 25-11-2021, 05:55 AM
RE: I wonder if Collins was feeling the heat - by Lilith7 - 25-11-2021, 03:00 PM