Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
What are you thankful for today??
Today I'm thankful that the dog & I were able to manage our walk between showers, & that I got the four inner title pages done.
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
(28-11-2021, 03:56 PM)Lilith7 Wrote: Today I'm thankful that the dog & I were able to manage our walk between showers, & that I got the four inner title pages done.
Four inner title pages?
She's a slow reader...

;-p
It all comes down to me being an idiot, & doing something I haven't done for years, (because I'd forgotten how much bloody work it is!) when a friend of mine finally recently became a grandmother she was constantly sending me photos of the world's most charming, intelligent & gorgeous child.
She sent me 18 (!) one day & a couple of the images sparked a very vague idea I'd been fobbing off since my great grandkids arrived.

Years ago I used to do a story with illustrations which i made into a book for each grandchild on their birthday - 6 grandkids, from first birthday up to 12th birthday wasn't that hard back when I was younger but it was lots of work. Granddaughter had asked me to do them for her wee ones but I had to say its too much work these days.

So anyway this bloody idea just wouldn't bugger off & leave me alone & the upshot is that now I'm making FOUR (count the damn things, FOUR!) copies of the one story, three for my great grandkids & one for friend's wee granddaughter.
I cannot believe how much work it is, & have fingers crossed that I can still remember how to sew Japanese journal style, & that DIL can get the illustrations printed out.
I'm never, ever doing another one.
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
(28-11-2021, 06:18 PM)Lilith7 Wrote: It all comes down to me being an idiot, & doing something I haven't done for years, (because I'd forgotten how much bloody work it is!)  when a friend of mine finally recently became  a grandmother she was constantly sending me photos of the world's most charming, intelligent & gorgeous child.
She sent me 18 (!) one day & a couple of the images sparked a very vague  idea I'd been fobbing off since my great grandkids arrived.

Years ago I used to do a story with illustrations which i made into a book for each grandchild on their birthday - 6 grandkids, from first birthday up to 12th birthday wasn't that hard back when I was younger but it was lots of work. Granddaughter had asked me to do them for her wee ones but I had to say its  too much work these days.

So anyway this bloody idea just wouldn't bugger off & leave me alone & the upshot is that now I'm making FOUR (count the damn things, FOUR!) copies of the one story, three for my great grandkids & one for friend's wee granddaughter.
I cannot believe how much work it is, & have fingers crossed that I can still remember how to sew Japanese journal style, & that DIL can get the illustrations printed out.
So, you're not a slow reader then?? 
It's been suggested that you are. (clue: bees)
Big Grin

Anyways, that sounds interesting lilith. Like anything awesome, it takes time, patience, a few swear words, and a great deal of pleasure to the recipient. Sounds like me actually. lol
(28-11-2021, 06:18 PM)Lilith7 Wrote: It all comes down to me being an idiot, & doing something I haven't done for years, (because I'd forgotten how much bloody work it is!)  when a friend of mine finally recently became  a grandmother she was constantly sending me photos of the world's most charming, intelligent & gorgeous child.
She sent me 18 (!) one day & a couple of the images sparked a very vague  idea I'd been fobbing off since my great grandkids arrived.

Years ago I used to do a story with illustrations which i made into a book for each grandchild on their birthday - 6 grandkids, from first birthday up to 12th birthday wasn't that hard back when I was younger but it was lots of work. Granddaughter had asked me to do them for her wee ones but I had to say its  too much work these days.

Oh go on. Book making is soooooooooooooo satisfying. When it's finished.
Today I am thankful for...

Coffee. I always enjoy my first coffee of the day.

Sunshine. Always makes me feel happy.

'The Mol'...the kitty, who looks so pretty lying in the sun right now.

Trade Me, for giving me an outlet to sell some stuff

The fam damily, for loving me.

Have a beautiful day y'all.xx

Are you grateful for your life?

Most people aren't because they see what they lack in life, forgetting how much they are blessed in many other aspects of life.
No one's life is ever complete with everything they desire.

We can either see the void and remain unhappy about it or we can see what we have and make it the reason to be grateful. When we show our gratitude, we show our happiness to the universe for what we have received. This expression attracts more goodness in our lives because happiness likes to stay where it is valued.

See all the reasons to be grateful in life. Your health, family, relationship, abilities, achievements, and waking up to see each day of life. Once you start noticing them, you will never feel a lack in life.
Dr. Bhawna Gautam
There has been a lot of swearing - even the dog was surprised at the number of new words she heard! Never ever again - it will be wonderful when the damned things are finished.

Today I'm thankful that the cat who runs the house seems content to sleep on the bed she graciously allows me to share, at least for the time being, because sooner or later a chap with a ladder will be dealing with the guttering which will certainly set the dog off & alarm the cat who runs the house.
But just for now, its lovely.
Today I am thankful for..

My kitty plonking herself down in front of me, while at the computer, and having a big smooch up with her Mumma.

The beautiful day we had yesterday. Sunshine makes me happy, and when you suffer from depression and anxiety, that truly is a blessing.

A phone call from a dear friend.

Being able to look out at Mt Pirongia every day, and see it's beauty.

Being warm and dry inside, on a wet day.
Today I am thankful for the lovely rain that is the first we've had in about two weeks. Without it I would have had to spend all day watering, heaving multiple hoses around every 20 minutes and unable to concentrate on anything else.
I'm grateful to be in contact with Autumn wind from TM, & for having successfully got the dreaded grocery shopping out of the way.
Grateful to see my 'Veilchenblau' rose in bloom again.
(30-11-2021, 01:26 PM)Bracken Wrote: Grateful to see my 'Veilchenblau' rose in bloom again.
Beautiful. I do love ramblers.
I am grateful I vote Green.
I am grateful I don't vote National.
Today, I am thankful for..

Not seeing my name in the death notices

Living alone, because today I am grumpy

Sunshine

TMMB and all it's lovely members.

My girl kitty.

"Whatever we are waiting for—peace of mind, contentment, grace, the inner awareness of simple abundance—it will surely come to us, but only when we are ready to receive it with an open and grateful heart.”
—Sarah Ban Breathnach
Grateful to have heard, late yesterday afternoon, the blackbird in the neighbour's garden: for ten minutes or more it sang and fluted and warbled and trilled and just generally sounded glad to be alive.
Grateful to have had the energy to do a bit of pruning & mow the front lawn, & for a short visit from a mother duck & half grown ducklings in search of food. I had to explain that I didn't really have anything for them but they were welcome to have a look for worms if they're partial to them.
I don't think I lived up to their expectations - after a very short look round, they departed for elsewhere.

And also grateful to my lovely DIL, who's having a bash at the printing I need done; fingers crossed.
Grateful for a vase of white marguerite daisies and soft-blue scabious on the little table in the hall by the front door; and for three crimson peonies in a cut-crystal vase on the bathroom vanity.
Today I am thankful for...

My first Christmas card.

Not needing to do much for Christmas

My gorgeous family

My sweet little kitty, who makes me smile every day

My meds.