Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
What are you thankful for today??
(16-12-2021, 08:17 PM)anĀ amniote Wrote:
(16-12-2021, 06:15 PM)crafters_corner Wrote: Many many arguments have been had, over bloody text messages. I hate texting with a passion, and refuse to partake. There is no meaning or heart in just words. Immediately add a face to the exact same words, and you have a whole new meaning.

If she is a good friend, she will forgive and forget this. It's important I think, that we want 'real' people to be in our lives. We are all human, and we make mistakes.

I find it hard to make friends too. Probably more because I'm retired now, so not out in the community like I used to be. I think that friendships are just like relationships of the boy/girl variety. We have to nurture it, and let it grow and blossom.

Enjoy getting to know your new friend, and allow her to 'see' you. What a blessing that you have found each other.Smile

PS, sorry, I didn't mean to make this post a story.Smile
I'd MUCH rather use the phone for talk than text, too. I have family and friends who appreciate it as much as I do. Video calls add a dimension closer to contact in person.

For some - predominantly younger - people the quick written word has always their most familiar means of communication. My friend is a few years younger than me and probably got her first cellphone in her early twenties at the latest. Back then calls were very expensive and texting was cheap, so it became the norm. Social media like Facebook has ensured the practice has endured. For many younger people in particular phone calls are the stuff of emergencies.

Yes, it's been lovely to hang out together as we have a couple of common but niche interests, and I we enjoy each others perspectives on things. I feel confident our friendship will last.
Sometimes I might get a phonecall, and I just can't be bothered talking. Does anyone else have times like that? Anyways, the odd thing is, is that I can end up by talking for 2 hours, and I guess that's because I've been captivated by the convo. I think that for me, living on my own, has made me a bit unsociable, but also, I suffer from anxiety/depression, and that doesn't help my disposition..:-)).

However, when I'm on a roll, I can be a chatterbox, and can talk for hours on the phone. It's a great way to connect with others. As is, talking here on this messageboard. It's been a lovely chat tonight here. I guess that essentially, we all want to feel some sort of connection to people...to the planet...to society.

I hope we see you back here, as it's been lovely. Smile
Be the kind of woman, that when your feet hit the floor each morning, the devil goes "oh crap, she's up".

Messages In This Thread
RE: What are you thankful for today?? - by Magoo - 25-11-2021, 02:30 PM
RE: What are you thankful for today?? - by Magoo - 26-11-2021, 01:01 PM
RE: What are you thankful for today?? - by reigns - 26-11-2021, 01:31 PM
RE: What are you thankful for today?? - by Magoo - 27-11-2021, 01:18 PM
RE: What are you thankful for today?? - by Magoo - 27-11-2021, 02:30 PM
RE: What are you thankful for today?? - by Olive - 30-11-2021, 10:23 AM
RE: What are you thankful for today?? - by jackford - 06-12-2021, 05:29 PM
RE: What are you thankful for today?? - by Magoo - 08-12-2021, 02:16 PM
RE: What are you thankful for today?? - by crafters_corner - 16-12-2021, 08:50 PM
RE: What are you thankful for today?? - by Magoo - 21-12-2021, 07:16 AM
RE: What are you thankful for today?? - by Olive - 23-12-2021, 06:33 PM
RE: What are you thankful for today?? - by Olive - 03-01-2022, 01:52 PM
RE: What are you thankful for today?? - by mike - 25-02-2022, 10:59 AM