Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
What are you thankful for today??
(07-12-2021, 01:22 PM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote: Today I am grateful for the tiny set of jewelers screwdrivers I acquired years ago. They let me break into the dead laptop I have in storage to remove the hard disk so I could destroy it before chucking the beast into the inorganic collection. Next challenge, the old cpu in the desktop.

And who knew those things shatter like glass and go everywhere? Next time I shall bag it first...

Learn something new every day...

(26-11-2021, 01:44 PM)crafters_corner Wrote: Yes indeed, it's been one of the upsides to covid I think. The young couple in front of me, are having their second baby at the end of January, and the dad was saying that he's so excited. I thought 'how cool is that'. It's so lovely to hear men being so vocal about his excitement.

Our dad's were always away at work lilith. I can remember when Dad would come home from work, and it was exciting to see him. Being the only girl, I was a daddy's girl, and I am so proud to have had a Dad who was a hard worker and provided for his family.
My Dad was a similar workaholic and also impaired by ptsd from war service, so when I handed him my new born daughter he devoted himself to her from that day onward. He told me she gave him the chance to redo his parenting role as a fulltime father figure, and she benefited hugely - as did I - from that focused attention. So much so that she has named her son after him.  He really enjoyed being a grandfather...
That's one of the best things about being a grandparent; being a better grandparent than we were parents because we've learnt so much more.

I'm thankful to have had the energy to do the dreaded grocery shopping in the pissing rain earlier & to have also done the required cutting of all the printed stuff & hopefully also successfully glued the first lot to the text pages.

And, as I really fancied pumpkin soup tonight, also very thankful to have  discovered one last lonely container of it in the depths of the freezer from the last lot of soup-making & freezing - I thought I'd used it all.
And also that the book I ordered for granddaughter's birthday next week finally turned up - after two bloody months!
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)

Messages In This Thread
RE: What are you thankful for today?? - by Magoo - 25-11-2021, 02:30 PM
RE: What are you thankful for today?? - by Magoo - 26-11-2021, 01:01 PM
RE: What are you thankful for today?? - by reigns - 26-11-2021, 01:31 PM
RE: What are you thankful for today?? - by Magoo - 27-11-2021, 01:18 PM
RE: What are you thankful for today?? - by Magoo - 27-11-2021, 02:30 PM
RE: What are you thankful for today?? - by Olive - 30-11-2021, 10:23 AM
RE: What are you thankful for today?? - by jackford - 06-12-2021, 05:29 PM
RE: What are you thankful for today?? - by Lilith7 - 07-12-2021, 01:39 PM
RE: What are you thankful for today?? - by Magoo - 08-12-2021, 02:16 PM
RE: What are you thankful for today?? - by Magoo - 21-12-2021, 07:16 AM
RE: What are you thankful for today?? - by Olive - 23-12-2021, 06:33 PM