Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
JA Genter cycles in labour to hospital
She does her job. At least we hear from her and know her name, unlike several other MPs who disappear into anonymity as soon as they are elected. On this occasion what she was doing was nothing to do with her job. The press though love a human interest story. And critics love any excuse.

It is interesting how our political positions, among other personal standpoints are revealed by who we attack on social media. After all, the only real complaint here is about a woman's choice of transport during a rather important moment in her private life - not her performance as a leader. Who'd've thought a labouring woman on a bike would cause such angst in a few male hearts...
(22-12-2021, 09:48 AM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote: She does her job. At least we hear from her and know her name, unlike several other MPs who disappear into anonymity as soon as they are elected. On this occasion what she was doing was nothing to do with her job. The press though love a human interest story. And critics love any excuse.

It is interesting how our political positions, among other personal standpoints are revealed by who we attack on social media. After all, the only real complaint here is about a woman's choice of transport during a rather important moment in her private life - not her performance as a leader. Who'd've thought a labouring woman on a bike would cause such angst in a few male hearts...
IIRC there was mention of somebody cycling home following a vasectomy, or was that just a suggestion to a bloke promoting a macho image?
(22-12-2021, 08:53 AM)jim157 Wrote:
(22-12-2021, 08:26 AM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote: She's a politician.

What do you expect?
i expect her to do her job
How is she not doing her job, biking to hospital to have her baby? Are women not allowed the time to go to hospital to give birth, but must continue working right through labour & birth in your view? Angel
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
(22-12-2021, 10:44 AM)Lilith7 Wrote:
(22-12-2021, 08:53 AM)jim157 Wrote: i expect her to do her job
How is she not doing her job, biking to hospital to have her baby? Are women not allowed the time to go to hospital to give birth, but must continue working right through labour & birth in your view? Angel
We better talk about Jacinda then  Rolleyes
This world would be a perfect place if it wasn't for the people.

Sharesies | Buy Crypto | Surfshark VPN | Cloud Backup
(22-12-2021, 09:48 AM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote: ....Who'd've thought a labouring woman on a bike would cause such angst in a few male hearts...

Poor dears. How adorably Edwardian.
Can tow bike home behind the cargo bike, or in the cargo bike.
(22-12-2021, 10:55 AM)Olive Wrote:
(22-12-2021, 09:48 AM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote: ....Who'd've thought a labouring woman on a bike would cause such angst in a few male hearts...

Poor dears.  How adorably Edwardian.
nothing to do with her being a woman
yes i know
Of course not.

My gran had a lovely phrase 'I may be cabbage looking child, but I'm not green...'
(22-12-2021, 01:35 PM)jim157 Wrote:
(22-12-2021, 10:55 AM)Olive Wrote: Poor dears.  How adorably Edwardian.
nothing to do with her being a woman
Riiight - so presumably any male MP biking to hospital at night for any medical reason would be fine with you? Or would you complain about that as well? Rolleyes
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
Stupid boy.