Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
JA Genter cycles in labour to hospital
(28-11-2021, 08:47 PM)Oldfellah Wrote: Probably couldn't get the car started
That's the problem with batteries, when ya need them they're invariably flat.
(30-11-2021, 09:00 PM)namtak Wrote:
(28-11-2021, 08:47 PM)Oldfellah Wrote: Probably couldn't get the car started
That's the problem with batteries, when ya need them they're invariably flat.

Yeah, bring back the crank handles, or at least manual gearbox so can crash start.
I can remember having to push cars to get them going; sometimes people along the street would see a person struggling to start a car & come over & start pushing.Smile
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
Aside from the predictability of the anti green misogynist posts, Genter explained why she was on the bike, and no she wasn't followed by the media circus. Just her partner on the bike with the cargo basket. The one they had intended to use for her, but which proved unable to carry her, and her bag, hence she opted for her bike.

And sure she's a politician. Publicity is her life blood. Just as it is for Luxon, say, who in the last few days was trumpeting about the housing crisis, while he tots up another 4.3 million in his own increased portfolio. This is the man who owns his Wellington apartment, but rents it back to himself so he can claim Accommodation Benefit. No, not that one the poor people get to pay their landlords, the one MPs can access not matter who owns the property.

State sponsored corruption tops pedaling in labour don't you think?
(02-12-2021, 01:13 PM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote: Aside from the predictability of the anti green misogynist posts, Genter explained why she was on the bike, and no she wasn't followed by the media circus. Just her partner on the bike with the cargo basket. The one they had intended to use for her, but which proved unable to carry her, and her bag, hence she opted for her bike.

And sure she's a politician. Publicity is her life blood. Just as it is for Luxon, say, who in the last few days was trumpeting about the housing crisis, while he tots up another 4.3 million in his own increased portfolio. This is the man who owns his Wellington apartment, but rents it back to himself so he can claim Accommodation Benefit. No, not that one the poor people get to pay their landlords, the one MPs can access not matter who owns the property.

State sponsored corruption tops pedaling in labour don't you think?
Well then - I think that particular little loophole needs to be closed. No politician should be doing that, especially not one who's so wealthy.
Not very Christ-like of him, either. Angel

Perhaps for all politicians who live elsewhere, Wellington state housing units could be allocated to MP's for the duration of their political career. It provides a roof over their heads & the rent they pay will of course be adjusted to their income level so they'll be contributing that to the economy.

In fact I've decided that all our politicians are badly in need of regular doses of reality; to this end they can each be assigned cleaning duties to be carried out (without help) by each politician both govt & opposition once every 3 months. To help keep them grounded they can clean bus/train stations  or similar, including loos.
In addition, every politician must, in  every alternate year they're a MP, live for a period of 3 months, including at least 2  Winter months living on the same level of income as the lowest paid worker/beneficiary (with no other income; their salary to be donated to charity for that time) in order to hone their budgeting skills & keep them grounded. Angel
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
Oh no she pulled that cunning stunt again ? The depth pollies go to to get publicity
Goodness! I suppose you pay the salaries (note the spelling of the plural) of which ever political party you support then? Or is it only us Green voting senile old bats who should have to do that in your expert opinion?

You silly sausage...
(17-12-2021, 10:58 PM)joe 90 Wrote: Oh  no  she pulled that    cunning    stunt again  ?      The depth pollies  go to  to  get publicity
Who was she hurting by biking to hospital, then? Angel Big Grin
(18-12-2021, 10:57 AM)Lilith7 Wrote:
(17-12-2021, 10:58 PM)joe 90 Wrote: Oh  no  she pulled that    cunning    stunt again  ?      The depth pollies  go to  to  get publicity
Who was she hurting by biking to hospital, then? Angel Big Grin
I wonder if a new category was opened called something like "Incels/Misogynists Welcome Here" would it keep these spiteful remarks all in one place that we could avoid.   The "ignore" function is good but doesn't hide quotes.
(18-12-2021, 12:35 PM)Olive Wrote:
(18-12-2021, 10:57 AM)Lilith7 Wrote: Who was she hurting by biking to hospital, then? Angel Big Grin
I wonder if a new category was opened called something like "Incels/Misogynists Welcome Here" would it keep these spiteful remarks all in one place that we could avoid.   The "ignore" function is good but doesn't hide quotes.
Sounds like a good plan - worth a try. Big Grin
I quite like seeing them. My dark side gets all gleeful at the opportunity...
(18-12-2021, 01:35 PM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote: I quite like seeing them. My dark side gets all gleeful at the opportunity...
But then, if they're all in one place wouldn't it be like shooting fish in a barrel? Big Grin
I'm lazy. Too lazy to hunt them down, lol, before I smack 'em!
(18-12-2021, 01:44 PM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote: I'm lazy. Too lazy to hunt them down, lol, before I smack 'em!
That sounds perfectly reasonable then. Big Grin
(29-11-2021, 02:59 PM)jim157 Wrote: all you people congratulating her make me sick, she is a attention whore, was there a car full of media following her like last time? or just her husband in the car.
she wants to ride her bike good for her just lay off the self promotion she should fuck off back to america on her bike

I wonder who took her bike home or if she rode home with the baby.  Sure isn't saving the planet when a photographer was out, most probably in a car, in the early hours of the morning and a vehicle would have had to take her bike home.
(21-12-2021, 10:43 PM)Kacee Wrote:
(29-11-2021, 02:59 PM)jim157 Wrote: all you people congratulating her make me sick, she is a attention whore, was there a car full of media following her like last time? or just her husband in the car.
she wants to ride her bike good for her just lay off the self promotion she should fuck off back to america on her bike

I wonder who took her bike home or if she rode home with the baby.  Sure isn't saving the planet when a photographer was out, most probably in a car, in the early hours of the morning and a vehicle would have had to take her bike home.
Her husband took the picture, riding his bicycle beside her. Sometimes cynical bullshit is just bullshit.
I do have other cameras!
(22-12-2021, 05:54 AM)Praktica Wrote:
(21-12-2021, 10:43 PM)Kacee Wrote: I wonder who took her bike home or if she rode home with the baby.  Sure isn't saving the planet when a photographer was out, most probably in a car, in the early hours of the morning and a vehicle would have had to take her bike home.
Her husband took the picture, riding his bicycle beside her. Sometimes cynical bullshit is just bullshit.
attention seeking bullshit is what she does best
yes i know
She's a politician.

What do you expect?
(22-12-2021, 08:26 AM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote: She's a politician.

What do you expect?
i expect her to do her job
yes i know
i'm glad we sorted that one out!
This world would be a perfect place if it wasn't for the people.

Sharesies | Buy Crypto | Surfshark VPN | Cloud Backup