Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Antivaxxers happy to see children die
(19-12-2021, 01:35 PM)Me+Me Wrote:
(19-12-2021, 01:30 PM)Lilith7 Wrote: The hardcore ones are beyond all hope, I think. Its a pity because the reasonable voices on the right there  tend to be drowned out by the extreme ones & ruin what could have been a good site.
I  would be completely unsuprised if the Police and or the SIS are actively monitoring that site and the IP addys of anyone who posts there.  Some of the things that have been posted there are pretty much a ticket to jail I'd say - or they should be.
Agreed; definitely some of the worst racist stuff if it came to the attention of the race relations commissioner could perhaps land them in trouble, & one poster was  apparently advocating hanging the PM  at one point. Not the most mature & reasonable posters.
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
I find it incredible that the Antivaxers are willing and some publicly state they're going to carry out violent attacks in Vaccination busses and clinics. They have to be completely insane to do that. I just cannot comprehend how someone could come to the conclusion that is a good idea. One of two of them getting 20 year jail sentences might reduce this stupidity a little bit - but of course in good old PC overrun NZ that wont happen. Pity that.
Quote:the constant spread and bullying, the abuse, misinformation, the condescension and general tone of the antivax movement is disgusting. i wont tolerate it.

The anti antivax like youself are using the same tactics - and I won't tolerate it, from both sides.
(19-12-2021, 01:35 PM)Me+Me Wrote:
(19-12-2021, 01:30 PM)Lilith7 Wrote: The hardcore ones are beyond all hope, I think. Its a pity because the reasonable voices on the right there  tend to be drowned out by the extreme ones & ruin what could have been a good site.
I  would be completely unsuprised if the Police and or the SIS are actively monitoring that site and the IP addys of anyone who posts there.  Some of the things that have been posted there are pretty much a ticket to jail I'd say - or they should be.
some of the content is breathtaking. they have completely politicized the vaccine. they have made it into a left and right argument. 
much of the content (especially some of the links they put up.) is of Fox News quality, and theres a couple over there could fill in for Tucker Carlson when he goes into surgery to get the massive ugly tumor that is his head, removed and crammed unceremoniously up his ass.

and i would certainly hope the site has warranted closer inspection from the authorities. there are one or two starting to make very ugly noises. talking about 'active resistance' and the 'Reset'
theyre butthurt because we have shunned them and everything they stand for.
they want to make us hurt. they know how to go about it.
So if you disappear out of view You know I will never say goodbye
(19-12-2021, 01:42 PM)Me+Me Wrote: I find it incredible that the Antivaxers are willing and some publicly state they're going to carry out violent attacks in Vaccination busses and clinics.  They have to be completely insane to do that.  I just cannot  comprehend how someone could come to the conclusion that is a good idea.  One of two of them getting 20 year jail sentences might reduce this stupidity a little bit - but of course in good old PC overrun NZ that wont happen.  Pity that.
I'm not so sure - if one of the extremist nutters did attack a clinic & anyone died as a result, I suspect the penalty might be extremely harsh.

But that they'd even think of doing such a thing tends to suggest that they might not be altogether sane so perhaps mental health help is what's needed, who knows.
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
(19-12-2021, 01:49 PM)Zurdo Wrote:
Quote:the constant spread and bullying, the abuse, misinformation, the condescension and general tone of the antivax movement is disgusting. i wont tolerate it.

The anti antivax like youself are using the same tactics - and I won't tolerate it, from both sides.
yes ive learned the tactics from them. i try to exchange at a level they understand. 
this level does not include empathy, understanding or mild frottage.
they understand aggression, hate speech, the extreme. they wish to instil fear in us with their language and sentiment.
it needs pushback.
so lead or follow Zurdo, either way make a decision, you cant be half dead im afraid.
(19-12-2021, 02:00 PM)Magoo Wrote:
(19-12-2021, 01:49 PM)Zurdo Wrote: The anti antivax like youself are using the same tactics - and I won't tolerate it, from both sides.
yes ive learned the tactics from them. i try to exchange at a level they understand. 
they understand aggression, hate speech, the extreme. they wish to instil fear in us with their language and sentiment.
it needs pushback.
so lead or follow Zurdo, either way make a decision, you cant be half dead im afraid.
Really - they're trying to 'instill fear?'

And do they realise do you think, that they've succeeded only in instilling hilarity & incredulity at them & their daft beliefs?? Rolleyes Big Grin
(19-12-2021, 02:06 PM)Lilith7 Wrote:
(19-12-2021, 02:00 PM)Magoo Wrote: yes ive learned the tactics from them. i try to exchange at a level they understand. 
it needs pushback.
Really - they're trying to 'instill fear?'

And do they realise do you think, that they've succeeded only in instilling hilarity & incredulity at them & their daft beliefs?? Rolleyes Big Grin
I don't find their beliefs hilarious at all.  I find it quite scary that these types of fools are people just like you and I  who, given the circumstances and opportunity, have in many cases appeared to advocate violence as a means to stop people from protecting themselves by vaccination.  What kind of crazyness is that ?  

I find them scary in their stupidity.
(19-12-2021, 02:19 PM)Me+Me Wrote:
(19-12-2021, 02:06 PM)Lilith7 Wrote: Really - they're trying to 'instill fear?'

I don't find their beliefs hilarious at all.  I find it quite scary that these types of fools are people just like you and I  who, given the circumstances and opportunity, have in many cases appeared to advocate violence as a means to stop people from protecting themselves by vaccination.  What kind of crazyness is that ?  

Some of the utter nonsense some of them believe is hilarious - probably the most widely known is their idea that the vaccine 'contains a chip so the govt can control people', or the equally daft idea that it could somehow 'make people magnetic'.

It doesn't say much for the  level of intelligence involved.
(19-12-2021, 02:30 PM)Lilith7 Wrote:
(19-12-2021, 02:19 PM)Me+Me Wrote: I don't find their beliefs hilarious at all.  I find it quite scary that these types of fools are people just like you and I  who, given the circumstances and opportunity, have in many cases appeared to advocate violence as a means to stop people from protecting themselves by vaccination.  What kind of crazyness is that ?  

Some of the utter nonsense some of them believe is hilarious - probably the most widely known is their idea that the vaccine 'contains a chip so the govt can control people', or the equally daft idea that it could somehow 'make people magnetic'.

Ummm it might *sound* "hilarious" but they take it very seriously.  Many of them also believe this is a 'Scamdemic' and it's all Fake News and similar.  Even with the variety of information streams available to them which can tap in to info worldwide, yes live info even, foreign satellites, short wave radio, actual telephone/video calls to people etc they still believe what they want to believe.  If it wasn't so damn serious it might be 'hilarious' but it's NOT.
(19-12-2021, 02:00 PM)Magoo Wrote:
(19-12-2021, 01:49 PM)Zurdo Wrote: The anti antivax like youself are using the same tactics - and I won't tolerate it, from both sides.
it needs pushback.
Fixed the typo for you Magoo...
This world would be a perfect place if it wasn't for the people.

Sharesies | Buy Crypto | Surfshark VPN | Cloud Backup
(19-12-2021, 02:56 PM)king1 Wrote:
(19-12-2021, 02:00 PM)Magoo Wrote: yes ive learned the tactics from them. i try to exchange at a level they understand. 
it needs pushback.
Fixed the typo for you Magoo...
thanks for that. i wasnt insulting it. i just couldnt remember its name. i knew it started with z.
(19-12-2021, 02:41 PM)Me+Me Wrote:
(19-12-2021, 02:30 PM)Lilith7 Wrote: Some of the utter nonsense some of them believe is hilarious - probably the most widely known is their idea that the vaccine 'contains a chip so the govt can control people', or the equally daft idea that it could somehow 'make people magnetic'.

Ummm it might *sound* "hilarious" but they take it very seriously.  Many of them also believe this is a 'Scamdemic' and it's all Fake News and similar.  Even with the variety of information streams available to them which can tap in to info worldwide, yes live info even, foreign satellites, short wave radio, actual telephone/video calls to people etc they still believe what they want to believe.  If it wasn't so damn serious it might be 'hilarious' but it's NOT.
Then we disagree. I've learned to laugh whenever possible, to leaven the often serious business of life in the 21st century - especially now, in the middle of a pandemic - & there are some hilarious aspects to the beliefs of some anti vaxxers.
i used to laugh at them. Obama drinking dead baby plasma *snort* hilarys sex trafficking of children *heh heh* hunter bidens laptop *bahahaha* i thought they were just gullible high school kids in their mums basements.

then their rhetoric changed, it took on a sinister aura. they started to drive a narrative of negativity and mistrust of our health professionals and elected leaders. i didnt vote for jacinda, but shes our prime minister and i will defend her as long as she is. there is no left wing conspiracy. i do not believe dr ashley is trying to hoodwink or poison us. i trust him because i have to.

im not naive. im sure weve been tricked and lied to in the past. im not idolising our leadership. i remain very very wary of many of our institutions. i bow to science.

there is an old Bedouin proverb that sums it up for me.
'place your trust in allah, but tie up your camel.'
(19-12-2021, 03:20 PM)Lilith7 Wrote:
(19-12-2021, 02:41 PM)Me+Me Wrote: Ummm it might *sound* "hilarious" but they take it very seriously.  Many of them also believe this is a 'Scamdemic' and it's all Fake News and similar.  Even with the variety of information streams available to them which can tap in to info worldwide, yes live info even, foreign satellites, short wave radio, actual telephone/video calls to people etc they still believe what they want to believe.  If it wasn't so damn serious it might be 'hilarious' but it's NOT.
Then we disagree. I've learned to laugh whenever possible, to leaven the often serious business of life in the 21st century - especially now, in the middle of a pandemic - & there are some hilarious aspects to the beliefs of some anti vaxxers.
I somehow imagine your laughter evaporating if these people carry out their threats to physically attack others. Or perhaps you're not a business owner and they haven't smashed your windows yet ? Yes it's happened. I don't find that funny at all.
(19-12-2021, 04:04 PM)Me+Me Wrote:
(19-12-2021, 03:20 PM)Lilith7 Wrote: Then we disagree. I've learned to laugh whenever possible, to leaven the often serious business of life in the 21st century - especially now, in the middle of a pandemic - & there are some hilarious aspects to the beliefs of some anti vaxxers.
I somehow imagine your laughter evaporating if these people carry out their threats to physically attack others. Or perhaps you're not a business owner and they haven't smashed your windows yet ? Yes it's happened. I don't find that funny at all.
Oh for pity's sake! Is it now verboten to laugh, must we all go about po-faced, never daring to as much as smile at anything at all?! Rolleyes

Use your common sense - has any comment I've made led you to believe that I'd find their threats to attack any person or business in any way even slightly 'funny?' Angry Dodgy

Clearly not - at least to anyone with a shred of understanding.