Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Have kids changed, or has society changed?
(09-01-2022, 06:58 AM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote: Our Police are seriously under resourced to do a job that is increasingly complex and dangerous. In order to do the best they can their focus is on people rather than property. So, when we need their help to stay safe they will be there, but part of that certainty is accepting that crimes that involve property are getting a lot less attention.

If we expect our cops to look after the mentally ill, the drunks, the non compliant, the violent abusers and the trouble makers, then hunting down the ratbags who nick our stuff just has to be a low priority.

(08-01-2022, 09:35 PM)gr8dadof2 Wrote: Be careful tygertung you are really starting to sound like the government. What business is it of yours if I damage my ears or not? They are my ears I will do with them what I please. If I want to listen to a bit of 'loud' music then that is my prerogative, my ears. Really for you to assume I damage my ears just because I bought 'thousands of dollars' worth of sound gear is not on. Yes I have probably damaged my ears listening to loud music, so sue me. Big Grin
Trouble with loud is it affects those around us too.
Like being unvaccinated, the consequences of our prerogatives are often shared among those who made other choices.
We do things every day that affects others around us. Should we stop doing them also? I quite like hearing a decent rock/heavy metal song on a decent sound system. I like listening to loud music cruising so I doubt it affects others apart from myself. I tended to turn it down when in town or around other people. I don't have a decent car system now but have a decent home system. The neighbours love hearing our music and choice of music, just good wholesome sound for the soul.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Have kids changed, or has society changed? - by gr8dadof2 - 09-01-2022, 10:26 AM