Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Have kids changed, or has society changed?
(09-01-2022, 11:15 AM)gr8dadof2 Wrote: We only turn the stereo on at about lunchtime, on the weekend, play a few songs for an hour or so and then give it a rest for a while.
I don't care what you do or when you do it, so long as me, as your dearest next door neighbour don't have to put up with it. Just as I take my clothes off in the bathroom, not in the front garden, so my dearest next door neighbour doesn't have to get counselling for years.

It's called being a good neighbour.

(09-01-2022, 11:18 AM)gr8dadof2 Wrote:
(09-01-2022, 11:15 AM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote: Yes, it is.

How do you get round the variations in tastes in music? I can take quiet background country music, but raise the volume and I get murderous really quickly. I don't like country music, I find it whiney and self indulgent.

I quite like clasical pieces, but not Wagner. I like rap, but not the violent racist sexist rapey stuff, I like techno but not endless repetition. And if you really want to get me annoyed boy bands are a really fast irritant.

So no, the quiet enjoyment of my home is mine by right, and where it clashes with your preference for loud music is exactly the point I call the council to send out their noise control people.

The council, not the Police. I'll leave that call to the neighbours when I start marching up the street to your place muttering imprecations and carrying an axe.
I must be in the ultimate neighbourhood that love our loud music because they have told us, or just got lucky huh?
Lucky indeed.

Just as I am lucky to have a few good neighbours here. A few more than the useless buggers I would be glad to see dragged out of here by the people in white coats...

(09-01-2022, 11:18 AM)Zurdo Wrote:
(09-01-2022, 07:47 AM)Magoo Wrote: youve not sent some muscle over to reclaim the asset and crack a few heads? Fart oo nice.
this is why they are never dealt with. you cannot win unless you make it happen.

Oh, I'd love to, but I don't know where it is, the cops won't tell me. One said it isn't in my area anymore...another asked if we had seen it, like it was close by. No, I haven't seen it. I've put it back into my name twice, and there is now a lock on the plate. So, they will just reregister with a new plate.

If they have actually seen it...they followed the car towing it...and know who has it, and where it is. Why can't they go and claim my property and charge whoever has got it with receiving stolen goods ? Or tell me, so I can get my own property back ?

This thief has rights I no longer have.
Lots of people have more rights than you sweetie darling. Better get used to it, life is hugely unfair like that.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Have kids changed, or has society changed? - by Oh_hunnihunni - 09-01-2022, 11:19 AM