Too Many Message Boards

Full Version: What are you thankful for today??
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Today I am thankful for...

Not having to put up with neighbours with yapping enthusiastic dogs :-))

Picking up a nice book at my local op shop, that will be great for starting my new 2022 art journal in.

Seeing my bro and SIL today for lunch, as I won't see them at Christmas. And, they came bearing gifts, and a large home cooked Christmas cake. Oh boy, am I going to be a piggy.

Driving through my main street, and seeing it buzzing with shoppers. Great for our local businesses.

My girl kitty. Mutual love and understanding.
I'm deeply thankful for just now discovering that all is not well among the idiots of the anti vax variety - bliss!

It seems that Billy T Kahika isn't best pleased with the McBishop. Oh dear, what a shame, never mind. Smile

https://www.newshub.co.nz/home/new-zeala...6WPOwZI97E

"He went on to accuse Tamaki of manipulating "concerned, distressed and angry people" and exploiting the success of TFRC protests to recruit members to Destiny Church, the church he founded and leads.

"The Freedom and Rights Coalition have come along, and of course they're promoting Brian [Tamaki] as the only guy who's ever stood up and spoke up," Te Kahika said.

"Well the reality of it is, I wasn't the first - but I was way before Brian."
Smile

Seeing my sister in law look well yesterday, after her stroke.

Being single, so that I can eat Christmas cake for dinner.

My girl kitty. My little blessing.

For the sunshine first thing this morning. It didn't last, but it was lovely while it was here.

Healing tears.
(17-12-2021, 02:45 PM)Lilith7 Wrote: [ -> ]I'm  deeply thankful for just now  discovering that all is not well among the idiots of the anti vax variety - bliss!

It seems that Billy T Kahika isn't best pleased with the McBishop. Oh dear, what a shame, never mind. Smile

https://www.newshub.co.nz/home/new-zeala...6WPOwZI97E

"He went on to accuse Tamaki of manipulating "concerned, distressed and angry people" and exploiting the success of TFRC protests to recruit members to Destiny Church, the church he founded and leads.

"The Freedom and Rights Coalition have come along, and of course they're promoting Brian [Tamaki] as the only guy who's ever stood up and spoke up," Te Kahika said.

"Well the reality of it is, I wasn't the first - but I was way before Brian."
Smile
Boys! Boys! It doesn't matter! You are both as bad as each other! Now shake hands and be friends!

Stupid children. More bloody silly sausages. Must be the Season...
Men look at a woman's behind, and go "Wow, what an a*se".
Women look at a man's face, and think the same thing.
(17-12-2021, 02:20 PM)crafters_corner Wrote: [ -> ]Today I am thankful for...

Picking up a nice book at my local op shop, that will be great for starting my new 2022 art journal in.

Seeing my bro and SIL today for lunch, as I won't see them at Christmas. And, they came bearing gifts, and a large home cooked Christmas cake. Oh boy, am I going to be a piggy.

Driving through my main street, and seeing it buzzing with shoppers. Great for our local businesses.

You should start making your own books. Ask lilith, it is such a satisfying endeavour...  Big Grin
Today I'm thankful for having managed to do the wretched back lawn after three days of rain. I'm reasonably sure the damn thing was growing about an inch every day so if I'd left it much longer, I'd have needed a machete.
And for discovering a few raspberries ripe & one lonely but lovely runner bean all ready to eat. Smile
Finally getting a decent haircut - yesterday. It had been 5 and a half months since the last one and I usually have very short hair!
(18-12-2021, 10:02 AM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote: [ -> ]
(17-12-2021, 02:20 PM)crafters_corner Wrote: [ -> ]Today I am thankful for...

You should start making your own books. Ask lilith, it is such a satisfying endeavour...  Big Grin
I plan on making myself a new one during my holiday break. I have so much paper to use up. My biggest decision is how many signatures to have, and whether to even or uneven size pages. I love doing all the prettying up of the pages.

My girl kitty. So sweet, and so precious.

A phonecall from my sister in Oz.

The yummy christmas cake that my SIL made me for Christmas. It was an enjoyable supper last night.

A little bit of sunshine to brighten the day.

My family. My pride and joy.
That it isn't bloody well raining again.Smile
Today I'm thankful that I had the energy to go into town & pick up my book from Scorpio books, then come home, have lunch & bike round to get some gift bags, wrapping paper etc. etc. - & I'm very thankful that it isn't hotter than it is.
I am grateful for 700 gms of gorgeous Rowan yarn I got on TM for a fraction of the retail - going to knit me a throw for my Winter bed. And for my trusty scoot that let me get to the seller's address to pick it up, with a quick stop at the superduper on the way home, for wine and ciabatta buns and ham for tea. And I'm grateful for the burst of energy this morning that led me to destroy a rose that was a disappointment AND a takeover artist, so now I can use that space far more efficiently. And I'm grateful for the good drugs that might let me water the garden this evening and maybe top up the garden with the last of the compost so I can get seedlings in...

It is this weather. So lovely. Long may it last...
today i am thankful for cheese
My favourite neighbour has a thing about cheese. So much so that he won't buy the stuff because he cannot trust his appetite for it. One of his daughters found a cheese advent calendar for him and it proved impossible to restrain himself.

Let's just say his Christmas came early.  And fast...
I'm thankful because my theory has been confirmed - last night I was watching christmas in Copenhagen & in between the annoying bits, the presenter asked a Danish bloke why it is that Danish people are so happy & the reply was that it is because they have access to free healthcare & education (for citizens of Denmark, the EU & for others under some conditions.)

They also have an entire amusement park dedicated to Hans Christian Anderson.
Grateful to be offered a piece of Christmas cake at my favourite shop.

Grateful for cold water to drink, and air-conditioning, on a warm day.
Thankful that its not 30 as it was yesterday; haven't been able to do anything much in the garden because its been too hot. So had a sudden rush of blood to the head today & not only mowed both back & front lawns I also managed to trim back the jasmine a bit.
Feeling quite virtuous now...Smile
Did my back in. Grateful for drugs...
(23-12-2021, 04:33 PM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote: [ -> ]Did my back in. Grateful for drugs...
Bugger. Painful things, bad backs - here's to a a swift recovery. Smile
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10