Too Many Message Boards

Full Version: What are you thankful for today??
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Grateful that this morning I decided that today was going to be too hot to cook and took out of the freezer some Melanzane alla Parmigiana* to have for dinner. 29 C this afternoon and still 27 C now at 7.30.

*(Eggplant, mozzarella and Parmigiano di Reggiano)
Christmas shopping finally done and dusted!
I have had a good week for deliveries, four beautiful jigsaws for next Winter and a shirt I rather fancy wearing tomorrow. Those on top of finally getting enough stickers for the Kitchenaid pie dish in the NW promotion, my Santa bag is well and truly filled up.
Might make myself a bacon and egg pie tomorrow, one of those would last me for days, and I do like them a lot!
I'm thankful that I'm not the bitch who is going to be blacklisted on my TM, once I've spoken to TM, but they seem to be AWOL today. She will now miss out on buying anymore of my goodies.
I'm very thankful that one of the overdue Xmas presents finally arrived today, just in the nick of time. I'd given up all hope so it was a pleasant surprise. Smile
Today I am thankful for...

Phonecalls, texts and skype, to see and chat with my beautiful family.

For all of my awesome and usable/drinkable/eatable gifts. Mostly all handmade with love.

For having a long lie in.

The quietness of my neighbourhood.

For love. My 4 beautiful daughters are my pride and joy.Heart
I have survived 359 days of 2021 - only 6 more to go!
Christmas Day this year was a great day with family.
Christmas Day has always been the greatest day in history!
Thankful for the whanau - & having survived another xmas with them all. Smile

And the dog being nice to a new little neighbourhood dog when we went for our walk.
Today I am thankful for...

The hype of Christmas being over

My precious girl kitty

Another beautiful sunny day here in the Waipa

A day closer to a new year, new beginnings, new hopes and dreams being realised.

Having love in my life. It doesn't get much better. Heart
(26-11-2021, 11:49 AM)crafters_corner Wrote: [ -> ]
(26-11-2021, 11:30 AM)Rumpelteazer Wrote: [ -> ]Surely not much longer. Smile
Cement has to be mixed. Putty has to be made. Blades have to be sharpened. It takes a surgical team to deal with my face. You have no idea. Tongue

and all while you're wearing a mask?
I was amazed last week when I went to the hairdressers when I was asked to wear a mask at all times.
I said, "Surely not while washing and cutting?"
But yes - "At All Times", they said.

Felt really awkward, and the mask kept sliding up and down.

But that's what I'm grateful for - the haircut. So I didn't look as bad on Xmas photos yesterday.
Today I am thankful for

Hot chocolate and lemonade iceblocks. My nightly treat.

My girl kitty. The sweetest little thing.

Finally getting stuck into my spring cleaning. Better late than never.

Not having to go out anywhere today.

For family and friends.
Thankful that I got the wretched lawn done, that the dog's happy we went for an early walk & that it isn't raining & cold.
Yesterday morning I realized that all of my too many cares had melted away. Looking back I understood that I'd become a tightly wound ball of stress. Thankful then for a holiday!

Today, grateful for my friend taking time to have lunch with me. Unlike me (a hermit amniote), she's had a socially busy time over the Xmas period. After a frustrating year so many good things have fallen into place for her recently that I'm filled with joy.

I'm thankful for our friendship. I enjoy her insights and perspectives. An hour and a half in her company felt too short.

(30-12-2021, 09:18 AM)crafters_corner Wrote: [ -> ]My girl kitty. The sweetest little thing.

My darling, companionable boy has been with me almost all day, every day, since Xmas. I love our long lie-ins together.

He is a gentle fellow and a great listener. I'm so thankful to have him in my life. Heart
I am grateful for my old five wire fence, it supports the beans beautifully, and now the punkins are also wending their way along it...
(30-12-2021, 04:00 PM)an amniote Wrote: [ -> ]Yesterday morning I realized that all of my too many cares had melted away. Looking back I understood that I'd become a tightly wound ball of stress. Thankful then for a holiday!

Today, grateful for my friend taking time to have lunch with me. Unlike me (a hermit amniote), she's had a socially busy time over the Xmas period. After a frustrating year so many good things have fallen into place for her recently that I'm filled with joy.

I'm thankful for our friendship. I enjoy her insights and perspectives. An hour and a half in her company felt too short.

(30-12-2021, 09:18 AM)crafters_corner Wrote: [ -> ]My girl kitty. The sweetest little thing.

My darling, companionable boy has been with me almost all day, every day, since Xmas. I love our long lie-ins together.

He is a gentle fellow and a great listener. I'm so thankful to have him in my life. Heart
Ain't love grand. Heart
Wish I had a man that I could say that about.Smile

(30-12-2021, 04:26 PM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote: [ -> ]I am grateful for my old five wire fence, it supports the beans beautifully, and now the punkins are also wending their way along it...
My Mum and Dad always grew runner beans. They looks so pretty when they were flowering too. They were so good too. When I eat them, I always think of them.
I love runner beans, mine are just slowly ripening & had a few the other day. They make a nice salad, too.
I love runner beans, too. Delicious raw or steamed or stir fried. Someone once warned me against eating them raw because they contain a toxin that's broken down by cooking, but they've never made me sick in any way.

In the US they're grown mainly for their flowers! I used to know an American I couldn't convince to try eating them.
I mixed a few beans up this year in the two tyres I put on the fence line, so I could take advantage of the wires. The tyres went on the ground where the compost bin had been for a couple of years which was a strategy to take advantage of the good stuff that must have percolated down, and it seems to have worked rather well, for which I am grateful. Putting the yellow beans in with the green was a good idea at first, they cropped well ahead of the green, but I had forgotten they were dwarf and so they have been swamped by their taller cousins.  But that's okay, they are probably holding some nice fat seed pods for me to retrieve come Autumn, and next year I will do better. I do love a nice butter bean in the salad...
I am thankful that this is the last day of 2021.
Today I am thankful for

The girl kitty who makes me laugh and smile adoringly.

The fam damily who also make me laugh

My first morning coffee

my unwanted 'junk' that I can pass on to the local opshops.

Getting through the year, relatively unscathed. Bring on 2022.

**Happy New Year**
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10