Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fully vaxxed are more dangerous...
(15-01-2022, 02:59 PM)Magoo Wrote: i gotta start waxing ...
Start with a Brazilian.
I do have other cameras!
(15-01-2022, 02:59 PM)Magoo Wrote: i gotta start waxing ...
I love the mental images that conjures up. Big Grin Big Grin
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
Eeek...
The vaccines do very little with regard to preventing transmission of delta, and a almost completely ineffective at preventing transmission of Omicron (effectiveness is essentially completely gone within a month of getting jabbed). So segregation, treating the unvaxxed like lepers etc, isn't in anyway based on scientific evidence.
get the vax
everything else is just bullshit.
no one here wants to get into a pissing match about minutia and this detail and that detail.
mostly because they are smart enough to know they arent smarter than the medical community.
we know such an argument would be between two parties who have no idea of what they are talking about, arrogance does not trump education.
i will continue to treat the antivaxxed with contempt and disdain long after this is over, because i dont like them.
their irrational arguments and aggressive behaviour have stoked fear and angst at a time we could have used a bit of compliance and trust.
arseholes all.
So if you disappear out of view You know I will never say goodbye
Right on, Magoo!
I do have other cameras!
(16-01-2022, 05:50 AM)Magoo Wrote: get the vax
everything else is just bullshit.
no one here wants to get into a pissing match about minutia and this detail and that detail.
mostly because they are smart enough to know they arent smarter than the medical community.
we know such an argument would be between two parties who have no idea of what they are talking about, arrogance does not trump education.
i will continue to treat the antivaxxed with contempt and disdain long after this is over, because i dont like them.
their irrational arguments and aggressive behaviour have stoked fear and angst at a time we could have used a bit of compliance and trust.
arseholes all.

Definitely. It's amazing how the uneducated think they know more than people with years of education and decades of specialty. And for those who just want to be anti "the gummint" there are so many other things they can legitimately protest about. The pandemic is not one of them. It's basic. Being vaxxed is a whole lot safer than not being vaxxed, both at a personal and a societal level.
(15-01-2022, 10:28 PM)dken31 Wrote: The vaccines do very little with regard to preventing transmission of delta, and a almost completely ineffective at preventing transmission of Omicron (effectiveness is essentially completely gone within a month of getting jabbed).  So segregation, treating the unvaxxed like lepers etc, isn't in anyway based on scientific evidence.
Nonetheless the fact remains that like it or not, vaccination is at this point, still the best weapon we have against covid. And encouraging the gullible not to get the vaccination isn't the most intelligent move. Dodgy
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
Well Ashley Bloomfield just said that the traffic light system wont work for omicron which relys on vaccine passports.
I could have said this ages ago, but at least he acknowledges this.
Who knows what the "restrictions" will be this time round, but screw having another lockdown.
dr bloomfield has forgotten more about immunology and virology than you and i will ever know.
he is well advised and continues to keep us safe. nowhere is as good as we have it here.
trust dr bloomfield.
your aunt and your friend, not so much.
Agree. Dr Bloomfield's team's advice has kept us safer than anywhere else in the world, and the PM and her cabinet have also kept the economy in better shape than anyone predicted.
Yep, agreed. You only need to look at other countries to know how fortunate we are here.
(18-01-2022, 02:07 PM)Olive Wrote: Agree.  Dr Bloomfield's team's advice has kept us safer than anywhere else in the world, and the PM and her cabinet have also kept the economy in better shape than anyone predicted.
I cant believe so many think the economy is doing so "good" They already told us on the news that its going to take a whole generation to pay off all this debt, my business is affected because clients of mine have shut shop because they were not allowed to reopen and laid off staff, and thats just my experience. Ihe heard many, many more stories of similar experiences.
Less money for me means less to spend in the economy, fuel prices are sky high, inflation is at its worst in a long time.
Things are in a mess.
But most of us are alive.

So maybe not a total mess.
No economy is ever going to be perfect during the pandemic; it would be foolish to expect it to remain unaffected.
it was a dogs breakfast long before Covid hit