Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
An overview of the nutty right
(03-09-2022, 01:34 PM)C_T_Russell Wrote:
(03-08-2022, 03:35 PM)Oldfellah Wrote: Talking about idiocy , I see the Bish is on the march again this Saturday, what is he trying to prove , mind you he wants to announce a new political party , its the "BISH BASH" party , just remember its your Destiny to join  Rofl Rofl Rofl
TBH, i think I would trust him over any of the clowns currently running this shitshow...
I'd be prepared to trust him about as far as I could throw him... Rolleyes Big Grin
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
Anyone asked Greenpeace where all their millions $ come fromto finance their protests .They dont have any business themselves its all from ultra left wing organisations with their own agendas but prefer to keep in the background
(12-10-2022, 05:50 PM)joe 90 Wrote: Anyone  asked Greenpeace  where all their  millions $ come fromto finance their  protests    .They dont have any  business themselves its all from  ultra left wing organisations  with their own agendas  but prefer to  keep in the background

Like a lot of non-profit organisations, they collect donations.  

Just in case you feel like it...  Giggle
https://donate.act.greenpeace.org.nz/p4-donate
This world would be a perfect place if it wasn't for the people.

Sharesies | Buy Crypto | Surfshark VPN | Cloud Backup
What is it I wonder about left wing politics that offends some so much? Seems to me there's a heck of a lot more in right wing ideologies to give someone a bad case of indigestion...
Everybody is entitled to their view on politics the same as religion but as long as they dont try and push their view on me its fine, its ok for me to say I want so and so to win the next election and for someone to say why they shouldn't, thats called a discussion but when its rammed down your throat thats when it pisses me off.
Despite the high cost of living it remains popular
(13-10-2022, 10:59 AM)Oldfellah Wrote: but when its rammed down your throat thats when it pisses me off.

What - like your continual whining about Jacinda?
I do have other cameras!
(13-10-2022, 10:59 AM)Oldfellah Wrote: Everybody is entitled to their view on politics the same as religion but as long as they dont try and push their view on me its fine, its ok for me to say I want so and so to win the next election and for someone to say why they shouldn't, thats called a discussion but when its rammed down your throat thats when it pisses me off.

Well then - I don't want ACT or National to get in at the next election because they'll continue to enrich the already-rich & the-want-to-be-rich at the expense of those who are now struggling. Imo ACT are dangerous extremists; their warped leader is already talking of his desire to 'trim benefits' which clearly indicates a lack of being in touch with reality.

Simply put, while things may not be wonderful now, the entire country (with the obvious exception of the wealthy) will be up the well known creek should any right wing party become govt. because - to put it as politely as possible - with some exceptions, they appear to be a bunch of self centred bastards who give not a toss about those worse off than themselves.

God to a hungry child

I didn’t make this world for you
You didn’t buy any stocks in my
railroad
You didn’t invest in my
Corporation
Where are your shares in Standard
Oil?
I made the world for the rich
And the will-be-rich
And the have-always-been-rich
Not for you
Hungry child.

Democracy
Democracy will not come
Today, this year
Nor ever
Through compromise and fear.

I have as much right
As the other fellow has
To stand
On my two feet
And own the land.

I tire so of hearing people say,
Let things take their course.

Tomorrow is another day.
I do not need my freedom when I'm dead.
I cannot live on tomorrow's bread.

Freedom
Is a strong seed
Planted
In a great need.

I live here, too.
I want freedom
Just as you.

Langston Hughes
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
(13-10-2022, 05:24 PM)Praktica Wrote:
(13-10-2022, 10:59 AM)Oldfellah Wrote: but when its rammed down your throat thats when it pisses me off.

What - like your continual whining about Jacinda?

You see im allowed to whine about Queen Jacinda, thats what makes it interesting, I sure as hell aint ramming it down your throat am I
(13-10-2022, 07:27 PM)Oldfellah Wrote:
(13-10-2022, 05:24 PM)Praktica Wrote: What - like your continual whining about Jacinda?

You see im allowed to whine about Queen Jacinda, thats what makes it interesting, I sure as hell aint ramming it down your throat am I

I do think the use of derisive titles for specific individuals is half way there though...  it's not really having the discussion you were advocating.

(13-10-2022, 07:41 PM)king1 Wrote: I do think the use of derisive titles for specific individuals is half way there though...  it's not really having the discussion you were advocating.

Well said, thank you.
(13-10-2022, 07:44 PM)Olive Wrote:
(13-10-2022, 07:41 PM)king1 Wrote: I do think the use of derisive titles for specific individuals is half way there though...  it's not really having the discussion you were advocating.

Well said, thank you.

Some people though seem to attract derision, while others are still respected despite regularly being opposed. I would suggest that is one of the major differences between the clown, and the Prime Minister.
I think that the constant use of derisive and belittling names for the prime minister, betrays an unhealthy consumption of unpleasant rightwing bullshit, and an inability to recognise it for what it is.
I do have other cameras!
and detracts from healthy discussion imho.

I have made a suggestion in the moderators forum that we probably need to find a way to deal with it.  There are three or four board rules that it is close to invoking, but none of them really capture the behaviour completely

I don't want to stop folks from calling something someone did stupid or idiotic.  But I wouldn't like to see this board descend into petty squabbles and school yard esque name calling.  We had plenty of that when Magoo graced us with his presence - although I must say I did enjoy some of his haikus

Just for all your information, no way am I a nutty left or a nutty right, the fact of the matter is I just dont like our Prime Minister full stop, and yes I agree I shouldn't be calling her names or being derisive about her, so thats as much as an apology you are going to get.
(14-10-2022, 09:27 AM)Oldfellah Wrote: Just for all your information, no way am I a nutty left or a nutty right, the fact of the matter is I just dont like our Prime Minister full stop, and yes I agree I shouldn't be calling her names or being derisive about her, so thats as much as an apology you are going to get.

That seems fair enough - I strongly dislike some politicians too but manage not to call them names. So far... Rolleyes Big Grin
Nutty Right Truss is hiking skirts

What a s***show in Blighty.
It was a forgone conclusion though really. Poor woman needs a name change if she wants to stay in politics.

Branding is so important these days, sez she with the slightest tongue in cheek grin.
The scary thing is, that there's even talk of Boris making a comeback...
(21-10-2022, 10:53 AM)Lilith7 Wrote: The scary thing is, that there's even talk of Boris making a comeback...

The Custard Haired Sex Yeti

As described by Frankie Boyle
(22-10-2022, 06:47 AM)Foal30 Wrote:
(21-10-2022, 10:53 AM)Lilith7 Wrote: The scary thing is, that there's even talk of Boris making a comeback...

The Custard Haired Sex Yeti

As described by Frankie Boyle

Thank you, a belly laugh this early in the day is always welcomed.