Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Favorite Cafes around New Zealand.
Please Tell Everyone about your Favorite Cafes you have found or visit.
I have 2 favorite ones in Rotorua.

1  is Springs Bakery in The Fairy Springs Shopping Centre on Corner of Fairy Springs Road & Old Quarry Road.
The Owners are very friendly & Welcoming & Polite & Honest.
Nothing seems a problem at all.
The food is always Fresh each day.
The Coffee is Excellent.
So do try it out.
Theres a new Cafe called Eastwood Cafe in The Scion Grounds Formerly known as The FRI  Research Centre. 
The food  &  Coffee is Excellent.
I Thoroughly Recommend Eastwood Cafe.
The Staff are all very Friendly Polite & Helpful.
To get to it You have to go up Tarawera Road & Turn Right onto Longmile Drive that goes down to The Redwood Visitors Centre & keep going Following The Signs Eastwood Cafe. 
Do go & try it out.
You wont be sorry you did.
Civic Café, Dunedin City Council building - helpful, courteous staff, delicious coffee, the nicest Eggs Benedict I've ever had.

Union Co Café, Port Chalmers - excellent food, friendly atmosphere, interesting views of port and streets.

Badger and Mackerel, Oamaru - on main shopping street, fabulous selection of foods.

Walnut Cottage Café, Orewa, Auckland - good selection of tasty foods, generous servings.
The Orchard House Cafe and Restaurant, 5 min north of Katikati on SH2.  Interesting historic decor, nice food and coffee. Plenty of parking,friendly staff.

The Glory Cafe at Ngatea, (formerly The Copper Kettle) is always worth a stop on the way north or south between Bay of Plenty and Auckland.   Staff are helpful and food and coffee good.
Try The Kitchen Kerb Shop in The Fairy Springs Shopping Centre in Rotorua.
They are Excellent. Fresh Salad.
Staff & Owners are very Polite Friendly & Helpful.
Thoroughly Recommend.
I'm not telling my favourites. They'll get popular and put the prices up, just like the last one did.
Esplanade Cafe, The Good Oil, Marbeck's, Nova Cafe, Aroma Cafe - all in Dunedin. Topiary Cafe in Mosgiel.
I do have other cameras!
My favourite in Hamilton is Cafe Fresca. Looking forward to moving back to Hamz to go for regular visits there.
I still remember our visit to The Store at Kekerengu on our trip south, but I see it's since been sold so may not be the same. It was recommended to us by friends and didn't disappoint. If anyone has been there lately, let us know if it's still good as we may be going down again sometime next year.
Oh yes, I loved that place. Fish and chips on the lawn overlooking the beach. I still have white stones from that beach, drilled out for me and strung on some plastic coated wire and hanging from my peach tree. Garden art...
(27-11-2021, 02:07 PM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote: Oh yes, I loved that place. Fish and chips on the lawn overlooking the beach. I still have white stones from that beach, drilled out for me and strung on some plastic coated wire and hanging from my peach tree. Garden art...

Nice! Yep, it's a great location, especially on a sunny day - lovely.
My Wife & Myself went on holiday to Westport in January & we went out to Donaldsons Cafe out at Carters Beach & Wer really enjoyed it as The Staff were very Helpful & Polite & Friendly. Nothing seemed to be a problem at all.
The Food was Fresh & Great Coffee too.
Thoroughly Recommend Donaldsons Cafe out at Carters Beach which is only 10 minutes out of Westport Township & its on the way to Cape Foulwind. Wellworth the visit.
It's run down and pretty tired but I've always loved Nick's Cafe in Kilbirnie, Wellington because that's where my dad would take us for "special" breakfasts of sausages and eggs when we were little. I even made a picture of Nick at school one day and he put it up on the wall. It's run by his wife now and it's definitely seen better days but it just feels like "home".

Haven't been in a while but once we get back to Wellington, I'm going to pop in.

I also miss Sweet Fanny Anne's which used to be by the bus terminal in Wellington Central, attached to Te Herenga Waka Victoria University's Pipitea Campus. Claire, the owner, was cool as fuck and would even let me run through some of my assignment ideas with her before I wrote them. I remember a customer was rude with her once and, without him knowing, she drew a penis on the underside of his cup - so people would see it only when he drank from the cup. Claire was a bad ass and that place helped me feel comfortable with my studies. It's no longer there as they got moved on with a redevelopment years ago, and VicBooks took over the coffee making on that part of the campus.

When I was in Dunedin, the Brunch N Lunch on Frederick Street was a favourite. The number of times I had finished my shift at the bar, finished drinking at a coworkers place, and realised it was about to open as I was walking home.. Eureka Cafe, at the end of Hyde Street, was also pretty good too.
I would like to Nominate Donaldson Cafe at Carters Beach 10 Minutes out of Westport.
It is Excellent.
The Staff are Friendly Helpful & Polite.
Nothing was a problem.
We Thoroughly Enjoyed our lunch there.

If ever in Westport Have a meal at Johnnys Restaurant & Bar.
Its situated in main street of Westport.
Everyones Friendly Polite & Helpful.
The food is Excellent.
We enjoyed our meal.