Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
What are you thankful for today??
thankful today for aircon and the fundage to run it full tit
So if you disappear out of view You know I will never say goodbye
(08-12-2021, 01:48 PM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote: I got mine on my phone but it won't scan, so I went to the chemist and got a paper one too.

Why didn't they simply give us one when we got the second jab? Too sensible?

I asked the people that were documenting us when we got out second jab, when we could expect a certificate for it. They just said, "Oh well, they're thinking about it at the moment, so just wait and see".
Not good enough. We should have got a paper certificate then.

I've printed ours out, but had to sort out my printer that wasn't working first!
Im Greatful that Im alive Fit & Well & I have a Job that I love doing everyday.
Its my busiest time of year for me.I empty Rubbish Bins in The carparks twice a day everyday.

(08-12-2021, 06:02 PM)Outsider Wrote:
(08-12-2021, 01:48 PM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote: I got mine on my phone but it won't scan, so I went to the chemist and got a paper one too.

Why didn't they simply give us one when we got the second jab? Too sensible?

I asked the people that were documenting us when we got out second jab, when we could expect a certificate for it. They just said, "Oh well, they're thinking about it at the moment, so just wait and see".
Not good enough. We should have got a paper certificate then.

I've printed ours out, but had to sort out my printer that wasn't working first!
Then when we get our Booster Shot we have to renew it too.
I'm glad I managed to get the dreaded back lawn mowed this morning & then went hunting - successfully, so now only have one Xmas gift to get. I hope... Smile

And of course, sod's law meant that the covid pass arrived in the post today...it would.
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
Grateful to have accomplished the gift-buying;

grateful to see the first Christmas lily (Lilium regale) open this morning.
Very grateful to have finally got those blasted books finished - never, ever again! And to have had a very unexpected parcel from youngest granddaughter, (the only one who doesn't live locally) which I've very carefully put up high so I'm not too tempted to open it early. I hope....Smile
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
I got a parcel too! Thank you Keter, three days in transit which is excellent at this time of year. NZ Post is working weekends...

I bought me a cushion box so I can stash the chair seat pads near the outdoor chairs instead of having to find indoor space. The trick with these assemble yourself boxes is to hit the carefully positioned pieces hard with the side of a hammer to make them click together. Lady level hard that it. Makes a lovely noise and is very satisfying. Good solid box it is too, now. I can sit on it with no worries and I am not a lightweight.

So, today tmmb, I am grateful for the ability to online shop direct from the source, and save myself retailer mark ups!
(11-12-2021, 01:07 PM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote: I got a parcel too! Thank you Keter, three days in transit which is excellent at this time of year. NZ Post is working weekends...

I bought me a cushion box so I can stash the chair seat pads near the outdoor chairs instead of having to find indoor space. The trick with these assemble yourself boxes is to hit the carefully positioned pieces hard with the side of a hammer to make them click together. Lady level hard that it. Makes a lovely noise and is very satisfying. Good solid box it is too, now. I can sit on it with no worries and I am not a lightweight.

So, today tmmb, I am grateful for the ability to online shop direct from the source, and save myself retailer mark ups!
I can't be trusted with anything to do with tools - a while ago I bought one of those kitset bookcases...had to get sweetie darling no.2 to come & show me which bit to do what with first.

I did eventually manage it but alas its not up to the weight of quite so many books & has developed a bit of a bow in the middle. It would, wouldn't it. Rolleyes Big Grin
You need to stack some books under that bow, preferably the ones you don't need access to constantly, to support the shelf above. Or bricks. I like bricks. Very useful things...
(11-12-2021, 01:38 PM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote: You need to stack some books under that bow, preferably the ones you don't need access to constantly, to support the shelf above. Or bricks. I like bricks. Very useful things...
More books - that sounds like the best solution. And what a perfect excuse, too. Angel

"I have to buy more books to support my bookcase..." Angel Big Grin
This rating system is terrible. That post was a ten pointer, lol.
I am grateful for little bidding wars over Indoor Plants on TM.

And my green thumb.
Thankful I managed to summon up the energy to do a bit of much needed weeding & have a a bash at the hedge while I was at it.
We are growing our inorganics pile, in between rain showers. Big clean outs going on...
Today I am thankful for...

This place. TMMB. And all who sail in her. You guys and gals are bloody awesome.

My girl kitty. Unconditional Love

Hot chocolate on a wet day. Simple pleasure. Simple comfort.

Not having to go outside, into this miserable weather.

Strawberry and Peach Candycanes. Yummmmy.
Be the kind of woman, that when your feet hit the floor each morning, the devil goes "oh crap, she's up".
I'm thankful that the forecast got it wrong, it didn't piss down this morning & I was able to get the dreaded grocery shopping done.

And had enough energy to get the front lawn done - although the dog & I have had words on that score; generally I shut her in the hall when mowing as the noise sets her off & she barks, but today when I thought I'd left her in the hall, I'd left a door open & smartypants was able to work out how to open the back door from inside.
She didn't bark but she did come & watch the human mowing, & she seemed to take quite a bit of glee from having outwitted the human.
Bloody smartarse dog!Smile
Today I am thankful for...

My sister and friend, who is just the best sis.

My sisters leukemia that has gone into remission.

My little princess...my girl kitty.

A good nights sleep.

Not having a bloody smartarse dog..:-))

"At times, our own light goes out and is rekindled by a spark from another person. Each of us has cause to think with deep gratitude of those who have lighted the flame within us." Albert Schweitzer
Be the kind of woman, that when your feet hit the floor each morning, the devil goes "oh crap, she's up".
Its pissing down here - but I'm thankful that I managed to wrap up an entire three xmas gifts before running out of wrapping paper.
The dog & I are at a bit of a loss at present - the cat who ran the house having died last Monday, we're not quite sure how to manage without being told what to do & when. She does do her best though, & woke me up this morning even if it was a bit late.

The cat had lived a long & happy life, organising the entire household to her satisfaction; even the last thing she ate - chicken - was her favourite so if there's a feline after life then I've no doubt its been organised as she wants it. Poor buggers won't know what hit them. Smile
(15-12-2021, 10:17 AM)Lilith7 Wrote: Its pissing down here - but I'm thankful that I managed to wrap up an entire three xmas gifts before running out of wrapping paper.
The dog & I are at a bit of a loss at present -  the cat who ran the house having died last Monday, we're not quite sure how to manage without being told what to do & when. She does do her best though, & woke me up this morning even if it was a bit late.

The cat had lived a long & happy life, organising the entire household to her satisfaction; even the last thing she ate - chicken - was her favourite so if there's a feline after life then I've no doubt its been organised as she wants it. Poor buggers won't know what hit them. Smile
Awwwwwww, sorry to hear you lost your puddy cat. Heart
Yep still getting used to it; the dog slipped up & let me sleep in till 8 this morning - she wouldn't be pleased. She had quite firm ideas on what was a suitable hour for the human to be woken, particularly if she knew (& she always did) that there were chicken scraps in the offing.