Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Missing submarine visiting the Titanic wreck
There are differing views on the decisions made by the Captain of the Titanic. And the role of the shipping company. And the accuracy of the navigation...

Not so much with the Titan though.
(23-06-2023, 01:57 PM)zqwerty Wrote: The original hubris in this case was the Titanic traveling at full speed through iceberg fields because the ship was "unsinkable" the second instance was the Titan, ironically named, owned by a billionaire who attracted other billionaires to the same folly because birds of a feather flock together lol.

One look at that hodgepodge of a machine should have warned them off going down to 6000psi underwater inside it.

"Former Titan submersible passenger who took 4 dives in it, including to the Titanic, said communication with the surface ship was lost 'every single time'"

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/former-t...58052.html

If contact was lost every time then surely that alone should have been enough to put people off; that means they're very vulnerable if there's any problem.

Then again we're human & we tend to take stupid risks.
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
Most of us though would consider a risk that dangerous, and at such a cost, not really worth the potential price to those we love, and who love us.

It was hubris, and obviously contagious. And sadly, fatal.
Looking forward to the movie, so we can see what exactly happened, and not what the media fed to us. One of the crew will be a gorgeous woman, another black...and a few other changes as well.
In and out of jobs, running free
Waging war with society
(23-06-2023, 05:29 PM)Zurdo Wrote: Looking forward to the movie, so we can see what exactly happened, and not what the media fed to us. One of the crew will be a gorgeous woman, another black...and a few other changes as well.

lol, and if we're lucky there will be a token white guy  Cool
This world would be a perfect place if it wasn't for the people.

Sharesies | Buy Crypto | Surfshark VPN | Cloud Backup
(23-06-2023, 05:29 PM)Zurdo Wrote: Looking forward to the movie, so we can see what exactly happened, and not what the media fed to us. One of the crew will be a gorgeous woman, another black...and a few other changes as well.

Might have a problem.... when you add the obligatory Gay, Asian, Rambo type, Nerd, Male Gender transiting and Female transiting, there's not enough room for them all in the submersible!   Confused
Corgi Wan Kenobi is watching you!
(23-06-2023, 06:03 PM)Kenj Wrote:

Might have a problem.... when you add the obligatory Gay, Asian, Rambo type, Nerd, Male Gender transiting and Female transiting, there's not enough room for them all in the submersible!   Confused

they probably won't need a Nerd if the comms were always down - does that help?...
This world would be a perfect place if it wasn't for the people.

Sharesies | Buy Crypto | Surfshark VPN | Cloud Backup
According to this, the US Navy knew about the implosion days ago.

https://www.stuff.co.nz/world/us-canada/...n-days-ago
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
(23-06-2023, 06:28 PM)king1 Wrote:
(23-06-2023, 06:03 PM)Kenj Wrote: Might have a problem.... when you add the obligatory Gay, Asian, Rambo type, Nerd, Male Gender transiting and Female transiting, there's not enough room for them all in the submersible!   Confused

they probably won't need a Nerd if the comms were always down - does that help?...

I thought he was necessary to do repairs on the game controller?
Corgi Wan Kenobi is watching you!
(24-06-2023, 11:58 AM)Kenj Wrote:
(23-06-2023, 06:28 PM)king1 Wrote: they probably won't need a Nerd if the comms were always down - does that help?...

I thought he was necessary to do repairs on the game controller?

Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin
James Cameron has weighed in on the whole thing.
https://www.insider.com/james-cameron-sa...ded-2023-6
Poor people, if he's right then they will have known the descent - & they - were doomed fairly early on.
We humans really are idiots.
Not all of us. Just some.

You and me for instance are not idiots. Well...
(24-06-2023, 06:35 PM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote: Not all of us. Just some.

You and me for instance are not idiots. Well...

My Mum used to say that old one; "All the world's weird, except thee & me. And I'm none too sure about thee."

She didn't half give me a funny look on that second bit.... Rolleyes Big Grin Big Grin

One will be a black, one-legged, transvestite
Someone will have a Jack Russel, and I caught a glimpse of a black cat in the galley of the rescue ship...it was knocking things off the table.
In and out of jobs, running free
Waging war with society
Very amusing thread towards the end, well done all crew members.

Crazy stuff happening in Russia overnight June 24th, well worth a look at the thread on these madhouse happenings.

https://tmmb.co.nz/forums/showthread.php?tid=2242
It's not the least charm of a theory that it is refutable. The hundred-times-refuted theory of "free will" owes its persistence to this charm alone; some one is always appearing who feels himself strong enough to refute it - Friedrich Nietzsche
Funny how the Vice Chairman of the World Economic Forum was on board.
https://www.weforum.org/people/shahzada-dawood
I believe his son was a bit apprehensive on going on board.
Unapologetic NZ first voter, white cis male, climate change skeptic.
Yes. We know.

Not what I'd call funny though.
Video footage from a previous Titan journey

https://old.reddit.com/r/Damnthatsintere...n_journey/
It's not the least charm of a theory that it is refutable. The hundred-times-refuted theory of "free will" owes its persistence to this charm alone; some one is always appearing who feels himself strong enough to refute it - Friedrich Nietzsche