Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mandate protesters
(20-12-2021, 10:27 AM)egem Wrote: According to the poster who received the pamphlet it said the vaccination hasn't been shown to prevent people passing on or catching the virus which, unfortunately, we know is correct. According to you though, it says they haven't been show to "reduce the potential" to be infected and pass it on. Why is your version difference?
I think we all know what Me+Me meant...  I have posted a copy of the document in question so we can all know exactly what it says.  Then we can move on to meaningful discussion about the document, whether it helps or hinders their cause etc, rather than getting caught up in technicalities of prose
This world would be a perfect place if it wasn't for the people.

Sharesies | Buy Crypto | Surfshark VPN | Cloud Backup
(16-12-2021, 11:47 AM)Oldfellah Wrote: Vaccine mandate protesters have again gathered in Wellington to march to Parliament - even though most MPs have gone home for the holidays.

A large number of protesters from the Freedom and Rights Coalition gathered in Wellington's Civic Square this morning and started a march to Parliament just after 11am.

They are protesting against the traffic light system, vaccine mandates and the Government's plan to vaccinate under-12s from next year.

They have the right to protest but I cant get my head around the fact they are doing it every week, dont they realise that people will be getting pissed off with them the more they carry on, yes they have made their point now get over it. And the stupidity of marching on parliament when there maybe only a few politicians there and probably not the ones they want to try and get their message to.
Good on them I say, if we dont make a stand for freedom, then we will only see more medical apartheid from Jacinda and her totalitarian regime, I never believed we would see such division in this country.
I know many fully vaxxed who agree and wont be getting their booster shots in another 6 months when the time comes...

Shame that parliament was closed, but the timing was made around when the borders in Auckland were reopening so couldnt get down to wellington.

Good on NSW for dropping their mandates.
(20-12-2021, 01:00 PM)C_T_Russell Wrote:
(16-12-2021, 11:47 AM)Oldfellah Wrote: Vaccine mandate protesters have again gathered in Wellington to march to Parliament - even though most MPs have gone home for the holidays.

A large number of protesters from the Freedom and Rights Coalition gathered in Wellington's Civic Square this morning and started a march to Parliament just after 11am.

They are protesting against the traffic light system, vaccine mandates and the Government's plan to vaccinate under-12s from next year.

They have the right to protest but I cant get my head around the fact they are doing it every week, dont they realise that people will be getting pissed off with them the more they carry on, yes they have made their point now get over it. And the stupidity of marching on parliament when there maybe only a few politicians there and probably not the ones they want to try and get their message to.
Good on them I say, if we dont make a stand for freedom, then we will only see more medical apartheid from Jacinda and her totalitarian regime, I never believed we would see such division in this country.
I know many fully vaxxed who agree and wont be getting their booster shots in another 6 months when the time comes...

Shame that parliament was closed, but the timing was made around when the borders in Auckland were reopening so couldnt get down to wellington.

Now who do we think is creating this division -  the 90% of New Zealanders who are just getting on with it, or the likes of yourself who proclaim medical apartheid and totalitarian regime (which is still laughable even after two years)

As for NSW only time will tell if that was a good decision..

(20-12-2021, 12:12 PM)king1 Wrote:
(20-12-2021, 10:27 AM)egem Wrote: According to the poster who received the pamphlet it said the vaccination hasn't been shown to prevent people passing on or catching the virus which, unfortunately, we know is correct. According to you though, it says they haven't been show to "reduce the potential" to be infected and pass it on. Why is your version difference?
I think we all know what Me+Me meant...  I have posted a copy of the document in question so we can all know exactly what it says.  Then we can move on to meaningful discussion about the document, whether it helps or hinders their cause etc, rather than getting caught up in technicalities of prose

By "technicalities of prose" do you mean inaccurate posts?

Actually I am glad you are here. Can you please tell me why I received a warning from you this morning for "Altering quoted text without acknowledgement (+2 points)".

Thanks.

no, theyre not fighting for anything. they are just fighting. they fight everything as long as the mainstream endorse or embrace something they come out against it.
totalitarian regime. my hairy white arse. bahahahaha, deep breathes champ, dramatic much.
i cannot think of one freedom i have lost.
 frightened of needles, frightened bill gates is going to plant a chip in them. frightened someone is ganging up on them. the sky is falling the sky is falling. it would be fucking hilarious were it not so sad.
dont think of it as 'medical apartheid', its not medical, simple fact is we dont like you and dont want you around. you dont trust us, our leaders, our institutions and by default hate us, why would we want to hang around with those losers.
you call us sheeple. you arrogant ignoramuses think you know more than the combined medical establishment.
i wiil fight equally hard to make sure the dirty deluded antivaxxers are segregated until covid kills them off. its not just their views that are ugly, its the way they defend them.
poor uneducated gullible morons with their silly conspiracy theories, making complete fools of themselves.

Bishop bryans cuckolds. doing the good bishops work. a match made in heaven. bishop bryan, the mongrel mob and the antivaxxers. quite a brotherhood. you must feel real staunch ow.
So if you disappear out of view You know I will never say goodbye
(20-12-2021, 07:04 AM)Me+Me Wrote:
(18-12-2021, 06:08 PM)egem Wrote: At this stage we don't know where this will all end and who is to say we may not require 6 monthly boosters in the future in order to keep ourselves healthy. Why is thinking about this possibility a bad thing?
There,  fixed that for you.

(18-12-2021, 08:30 PM)egem Wrote: I'm not sure why. According to the poster who received the pamphlet it stated multiple times it was satire. Satire uses exaggeration to make its point.
It apparently stated this on the BACK of the pamphlet in small hard to read font in a colour which largely blended with the paper.  A LARGE number of folk reading this pamphlet wouldn't even notice this 'disclaimer'.  What a crock of crap any way - it says Covid vaccines have not been shown to reduce the potential to be infected and pass it on - that's blatantly incorrect.  
The people who put that pamplhet out should be arrested for deliberate endangerment of public health due to dissemination of deliberately incorrect information.  And JAILED - for a long time !  Idiots they might just put someone off being vaccinated and the end result if that person catches Covid could be death !
Don't alter my posts thanks. Huh
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
(20-12-2021, 01:37 PM)egem Wrote:
(20-12-2021, 12:12 PM)king1 Wrote: I think we all know what Me+Me meant...  I have posted a copy of the document in question so we can all know exactly what it says.  Then we can move on to meaningful discussion about the document, whether it helps or hinders their cause etc, rather than getting caught up in technicalities of prose

By "technicalities of prose" do you mean inaccurate posts?

Actually I am glad you are here. Can you please tell me why I received a warning from you this morning for "Altering quoted text without acknowledgement (+2 points)".

Thanks.
I'm glad you asked.  The warning was for "Altering quoted text without acknowledgement" which substantially misrepresented what the original poster said (myself in this case) in the original post.  

Altering
someone's quoted words is acceptable if you acknowledge it, an example of which is post #34 from the same thread.

Altering what someone else has said by altering the quoted text that you are replying to, 
as you have done, without their knowledge or approval, is not acceptable, for obvious reasons.

(20-12-2021, 02:05 PM)king1 Wrote:
(20-12-2021, 01:37 PM)egem Wrote: By "technicalities of prose" do you mean inaccurate posts?

Thanks.
I'm glad you asked.  The warning was for "Altering quoted text without acknowledgement" which substantially misrepresented what the original poster said (myself in this case) in the original post.  

Altering
someone's quoted words is acceptable if you acknowledge it, an example of which is post #34 from the same thread.

Altering what someone else has said by altering the quoted text that you are replying to, 
as you have done, without their knowledge or approval, is not acceptable, for obvious reasons.

I'm sorry I have no idea what you are talking about. I don't change people's words. What post are you referring to please?
Just because we can, doesn't mean we should - applies to a lot of things in life...

But wasn't it egem's post that was altered in the quotation? These stacked replies make things complicated.

My grandmother used to tell a story of her childhood where she got whacked with the back of a hairbrush by her grandmother - when she complained that she'd done nothing wrong her grandmother sniffed and told her 'it would do for next time!'

So maybe egem gets a Get Out of Jail Free card to use for a future naughtiness!

"A stand for freedom?" What, the 'freedom' to merrily spread the virus, infecting  many & making at least some of those people seriously ill, & perhaps causing some to die?

And please do not
pretend this is anything like as cruel & unreasoning as actual apartheid; there are sound reasons for needing as many of us as possible to be vaccinated, in contrast to apartheid.
Likewise those using the term 'totalitarian regime' would do well to first look up the meaning of the term, rather than making themselves look even more foolish.

They have the freedom to make such silly statements, unlike a genuine totalitarian regime. Rolleyes Rolleyes Big Grin

https://www.britannica.com/topic/totalitarianism

"In the broadest sense, totalitarianism is characterized by strong central rule that attempts to control and direct all aspects of individual life through coercion and repression.

Totalitarianism is distinguished from previous forms of autocracy in its use of state power to impose an official ideology on its citizens. Nonconformity of opinion, as already noted, is treated as the equivalent of resistance or opposition to the government, and the state police or secret police, along with other institutions of compulsion, are used to enforce the orthodoxy of the proclaimed doctrines of the state."
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
(20-12-2021, 02:11 PM)egem Wrote:
(20-12-2021, 02:05 PM)king1 Wrote: I'm glad you asked.  The warning was for "Altering quoted text without acknowledgement" which substantially misrepresented what the original poster said (myself in this case) in the original post.  

Altering

I'm sorry I have no idea what you are talking about. I don't change people's word. What post are you referring to please?
 You have been warned.  The original post has been restored.

sometimes rewording it helps egem.
i dunno mate, i just saw two deleted posts and thought you might be struggling to present a point.
my bad. as you were.

i though kingi admonished that other poster? im confused.
(20-12-2021, 02:49 PM)Magoo Wrote: i dunno mate, i just saw two deleted posts and thought you might be struggling to present a point.
my bad. as you were.

Me too magoo, but then, that is increasingly my normal...
(20-12-2021, 05:08 PM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote:
(20-12-2021, 02:49 PM)Magoo Wrote: i dunno mate, i just saw two deleted posts and thought you might be struggling to present a point.
my bad. as you were.

Me too magoo, but then, that is increasingly my normal...
Ditto.... Angel Big Grin
Jeezus. Now I too am confused, and that doesn't happen oft........ok ok, it happens alot.

As a South African, I am insulted that you would dare to use the word 'apartheid' in this manner. You clearly have no idea of what it means. Live it, then you will know, and maybe understand. Angry
Be the kind of woman, that when your feet hit the floor each morning, the devil goes "oh crap, she's up".