Welcome, Guest
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username

Password

(Advanced Search)

Forum Statistics
» Members: 725
» Latest member: MathewDixon
» Forum threads: 3,078
» Forum posts: 56,352

Full Statistics

Online Users
There are currently 150 online users.
» 2 Member(s) | 147 Guest(s)
Bing, king1

Latest Threads
NOT in our...suburb
Forum: News and Current Affairs
Last Post: Zurdo
7 hours ago
» Replies: 1
» Views: 21
Things you don't hear so ...
Forum: General Discussion
Last Post: Lilith7
9 hours ago
» Replies: 122
» Views: 2,592
Afternoon Quiz
Forum: Puzzles & Games
Yesterday, 03:26 PM
» Replies: 3,627
» Views: 527,470
What are you currently li...
Forum: Music
Yesterday, 03:02 PM
» Replies: 2,512
» Views: 286,525
State of the Planet addre...
Forum: Opinion and Politics
Yesterday, 01:59 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 21
Intruders in my garden !
Forum: Gardening & DIY
Last Post: Oh_hunnihunni
Yesterday, 12:50 PM
» Views: 36
You can never have enough...
Forum: Sewing, embroidery and knitting
Last Post: Oh_hunnihunni
Yesterday, 12:45 PM
» Replies: 8,771
» Views: 838,671
Sayings & Quotes
Forum: General Discussion
Yesterday, 10:56 AM
» Replies: 1,067
» Views: 98,659
Nod32 Antivirus - renewal...
Forum: PC World Chat
Last Post: Wainuitech
Yesterday, 10:32 AM
» Replies: 11
» Views: 113
France vs. 'Shrinkflation...
Forum: News and Current Affairs
18-05-2024, 07:20 PM
» Views: 45

Kogan Monitors.
Posted by: olwen - 20-02-2020, 09:24 PM - Forum: Computing and Technology - Replies (5)

I've noticed this monitor on DIck Smith's site.  My ancient monitor (less than FHD) has a 1 pixel green line down it.  It looks like a good price especially with free shipping.  Would it be a mistake?

[/url][url=https://www.dicksmith.co.nz/dn/buy/kogan-27-full-hd-freesync-75hz-frameless-monitor-1920-1080-kogan/]https://www.dicksmith.co.nz/dn/buy/kogan-27-full-hd-freesync-75hz-frameless-monitor-1920-1080-kogan/

Print this item

Heart Show us your pets
Posted by: Essi - 20-02-2020, 07:42 PM - Forum: Pets & animals - Replies (1)

Just to follow on from Ralph's thread, I though it might be nice to have a thread to share pics of your fur-kids   Heart

'Kaiser' (our security camera with teeth lol)
[Image: QBssbFd.jpg]

'Brandy' (the baby of the family)
[Image: zxfYHcM.jpg?1]

Print this item

Keto
Posted by: crafters_corner - 20-02-2020, 03:28 PM - Forum: Health & beauty - Replies (15)

Who is doing Keto?
How are you doing?
Easy or hard going?
Belong to any Keto groups?

Me, I'm mostly doing well, although yesterday and today, I have been a bit 'off' Keto eating. I had a very small binge of chocolate last night, and a bottle of "V" today, both of these being binge food from my past eating habits. But, it's out of my system now, and I'm good to go again.

I've lost 7.1kg in 4 weeks.
It's mostly easy going. I've not cooked so much in a long time. It's usually been pre packaged meals, and a heap of rubbish, but now I'm eating a heap of veges, eggs, meat, cheese, and drinking alot of water (I think that might be challenged over the winter months, as I'm not a natural water drinker, although I'm getting more used to it now).

I belong to a Keto group on FB, and they are awesome, and so encouraging. Heaps of recipes there.

I am in Ketosis, but not fat adapted yet. I'm looking forward to being able to fast.
I do need to get some exercise in now, so will start doing that soon. Youtube is great for finding plenty of easy exercise sessions.

It is great to have this new site to be able to carry on, although I realise that TM are keeping this topic alive....for now anyway.

Come on in and chat. We all have something to learn and share about Keto.

KETO ROCKS!!!

Print this item

Cameras
Posted by: Praktica - 20-02-2020, 12:10 PM - Forum: Cameras - Replies (12)

Hi there - as you might guess from my nick, cameras, particularly film cameras, are my particular interest. I try to use each camera I aquire, and also repair those which are showing their age. Does anyone else here share my interest?

Print this item

Trade Me Recipe Dump
Posted by: wholetruth - 19-02-2020, 10:32 PM - Forum: Recipes - Replies (14)

Will try and dump a load of recipes from the Trade Me forum before it vanishes, but to hold you over, here's one from hooksie60

Chocolate Cake
==========
"This recipe has been running on the board for years so it must be good 
I make this once a week makes a small roast pan size cake."

3.5 c flour
3.5 c sugar
3 t/s Baking powder
1.5 c cocoa
1 cup oil
2 cups milk
3 t/s baking soda
1 t/s salt
4 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 cups of boiling water (added at end)

Put all ingredients (except for the water) in a large bowl mix well to a batter. add boiling water and mix till smooth bake in the over at 160 for 1hr. you can split the mix and make two smaller cakes or make 1 smaller cake and put the rest into muffin tins the choice is completely up to you. This is an excellent cake if you have a large family or just want to impress people. gets moister by the day so stays nice and fresh very similar to mud cake.

Print this item

First thread! + Poll
Posted by: videomonkey - 19-02-2020, 09:44 PM - Forum: Real estate - Replies (8)

I figured we need a thread here.

I'm actually moderately interested in real estate. As part of my job (videographer) I produce a lot of real estate videos. It's interesting to see how the market is booming, especially in Hamilton at the moment. Our median house price has hit $620k this year, and it's estimated to get close to $700 in the next year or so. It doesn't look to be slowing down any time soon as we have a lot of Aucklanders moving south, and we're running out of space to build out. So demand is shooting up, making it tough for first home buyers. It's an interesting trend.

So just out of curiosity, I thought I might add a poll. Could be interesting to see some stats. Obviously it's anonymous so don't be shy! Smile

Print this item

Agenda 21??
Posted by: Angierose - 19-02-2020, 08:06 PM - Forum: General Discussion - No Replies

whats peoples view on it as Im not sure

Print this item

Powerball Jackpots again
Posted by: faberman - 19-02-2020, 07:43 PM - Forum: General Discussion - Replies (19)

Nobody won Powerball, 5 x lotto winners got $200K each

Print this item

Petition
Posted by: Madame - 19-02-2020, 02:44 PM - Forum: General Discussion - Replies (4)

Here is a petition to revoke the right to silence in cases of child abuse. There are already two exceptions - Fisheries and white collar fraud. The police are helpless to act when the families clam up. They need more tools.
https://www.magic.co.nz/home/news/2020/0...cases.html

Print this item

Tricks & Tips
Posted by: Zak410 - 19-02-2020, 10:05 AM - Forum: Computing and Technology - Replies (5)

Sorry if obvious to some but, on a desktop, when browsing, clicking with the middle button of the mouse opens a new tab.
Same happens when clicking simultaneously left & right during a search, on a laptop.

Print this item