Welcome, Guest
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username

Password

(Advanced Search)

Forum Statistics
» Members: 724
» Latest member: Rebels181
» Forum threads: 3,028
» Forum posts: 55,691

Full Statistics

Online Users
There are currently 228 online users.
» 2 Member(s) | 224 Guest(s)
Bing, Yandex, harm_less, king1

Latest Threads
Paula Bennet returns..
Forum: Opinion and Politics
Last Post: Lilith7
42 minutes ago
» Replies: 0
» Views: 7
What are you currently li...
Forum: Music
2 hours ago
» Replies: 2,470
» Views: 273,676
Afternoon Quiz
Forum: Puzzles & Games
Last Post: Oh_hunnihunni
2 hours ago
» Replies: 3,580
» Views: 503,693
Things you don't hear so ...
Forum: General Discussion
4 hours ago
» Replies: 99
» Views: 1,629
Sayings & Quotes
Forum: General Discussion
6 hours ago
» Replies: 1,041
» Views: 91,191
You can never have enough...
Forum: Sewing, embroidery and knitting
Last Post: kiwimade64
8 hours ago
» Replies: 8,576
» Views: 791,140
Act says it how it is reg...
Forum: Opinion and Politics
Yesterday, 03:50 PM
» Replies: 5
» Views: 63
Bird flu interspecies inf...
Forum: News and Current Affairs
Yesterday, 03:42 PM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 34
Group targeted by Tamaki ...
Yesterday, 03:32 PM
» Replies: 5
» Views: 44
Largest independent super...
Yesterday, 03:23 PM
» Replies: 8
» Views: 90

Visiting Rarotonga
Posted by: xxSaffyxx - 12-03-2023, 02:46 PM - Forum: General Discussion - Replies (6)

I am going for my first trip to Rarotonga, so I'm curious as to what people think about the differing accommodations. We get in at an awful hour of the night (1.50am) and I'm thinking somewhere very close to the airport that we could walk across the road to. Then around the other side near Muri, looks like a good place to hang out. And again perhaps close to the airport when we leave - time is 3am.  Wondering what everybody's opinions might be, and any suggestions - all welcome. Blush

Print this item

Cocaine cat
Posted by: Lilith7 - 12-03-2023, 10:43 AM - Forum: News and Current Affairs - Replies (1)

A serval cat has been found in Ohio after being spotted in a tree in Cincinnati. They're native to Africa & illegal to own in Ohio. After capture & during a medical examination, the cat tested positive for cocaine.

https://www.stuff.co.nz/world/us-canada/...-ctrl=true

Print this item

Wink Why 3 teen killers don't deserve to be jailed for life
Posted by: Lilith7 - 11-03-2023, 10:27 AM - Forum: News and Current Affairs - No Replies

The item from Dr Paul Woods is especially interesting. He spent over ten years in prison & alter wrote a book about it, How to escape from prison.

https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/crime/1...d-for-life

Print this item

Chinese spying in Micronesia
Posted by: nzoomed - 10-03-2023, 04:50 PM - Forum: News and Current Affairs - Replies (1)

Nothing really new here, we have been aware of tbis for some time, but its good to keep an eye on what's going on in the pacific.
China's outreach is likely everywhere. Aussie has been infiltrated with Chinese spies too.
https://www.1news.co.nz/2023/03/10/micro...-by-china/

Print this item

Possibly some hope for Afghanistan
Posted by: Lilith7 - 10-03-2023, 02:36 PM - Forum: News and Current Affairs - Replies (3)

One of those prickles has been killed; a Taliban governor has been killed by a bomb blast in his office. I can't say I'm sorry but I'll try not to be happy about it - although its a pity it wasn't their entire govt.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-64899335

"The Taliban governor of Afghanistan's northern Balkh province has been killed in a suicide attack claimed by the Islamic State (IS) group.
Mohammad Dawood Muzammil was killed in his office in the provincial capital, Mazar-e Sharif, on Thursday.
He is the most senior Taliban official to be killed since the militants returned to power in 2021.
Violence has since decreased sharply, but pro-Taliban figures have been targeted by IS.
Taliban spokesman Zabihullah Mujahid said on Twitter that the governor had been "martyred in an explosion by the enemies of Islam".

Print this item

It's Incredible
Posted by: Roscoe - 09-03-2023, 09:06 PM - Forum: General Discussion - Replies (3)

Godwits fly 11000km across the Pacific from Alaska to Farewell Spit in 9 days. It is the longest non stop migratory journey of any bird in the world. 

An a380 jet is impressive but try to make a machine that weighs 300 grams - after fuelling for the trip 600 grams - that can fly to Alaska.
The miracle of nature

Print this item

Corrupt Mico SD Card
Posted by: driftwood - 08-03-2023, 06:39 PM - Forum: PressF1 - Replies (6)

I have two, unformatable micro SD cards.
I was going to bin them, most likely will.
Thought I'd have a go at fixing them.
Can anyone recommend a free software that will do the job.
I have looked at a few but they all seem to be for recovery, not repair.

Print this item

Thumbs Down these morons think wool is worse for the environment than synthetic fibres!
Posted by: C_T_Russell - 08-03-2023, 03:43 PM - Forum: Opinion and Politics - Replies (8)

Unbelievable, we heard the same crap about paper bags vs plastic bags!
Now all the shops have switched to paper.
Good way to keep the oil industry going.

https://i.stuff.co.nz/business/farming/1...synthetics

Print this item

Courage is a super power
Posted by: Oh_hunnihunni - 08-03-2023, 08:44 AM - Forum: General Discussion - Replies (1)

... and we need to remember that next time we decide to let sleeping dogs lie, accept something we shouldn't, or see someone in need of rescuing.

Even in the small stuff, courage is a super power. Even for grown ups.

https://www.stuff.co.nz/life-style/wellb...t-children

Print this item

Google docs question
Posted by: beetle - 07-03-2023, 09:06 PM - Forum: PC World Chat - Replies (1)

I use google docs for personal and work,  but am wanting to seperate work from personal

so Beetle home has everything on it. I now dont want work mixed with Home..............

beetles work needs to just have the work stuff on it.

clear ?  so Ive sent things via email so I dont get them lost in the change over. so something still has a copy

if i recivie them from home to work.  if I delete the original from home will the work ones disapeer or are they safely saved on the new google docs work page ?

Rolleyes

Print this item