Welcome, Guest
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username

Password

(Advanced Search)

Forum Statistics
» Members: 724
» Latest member: Rebels181
» Forum threads: 3,028
» Forum posts: 55,696

Full Statistics

Online Users
There are currently 185 online users.
» 1 Member(s) | 183 Guest(s)
Bing, colpol

Latest Threads
Sayings & Quotes
Forum: General Discussion
Last Post: zqwerty
6 hours ago
» Replies: 1,042
» Views: 91,606
Things you don't hear so ...
Forum: General Discussion
6 hours ago
» Replies: 100
» Views: 1,644
What are you currently li...
Forum: Music
6 hours ago
» Replies: 2,472
» Views: 273,765
Paula Bennet returns..
Forum: Opinion and Politics
Last Post: Zurdo
10 hours ago
» Replies: 1
» Views: 39
Afternoon Quiz
Forum: Puzzles & Games
Last Post: Oh_hunnihunni
Yesterday, 03:16 PM
» Replies: 3,580
» Views: 503,994
You can never have enough...
Forum: Sewing, embroidery and knitting
Last Post: kiwimade64
Yesterday, 09:41 AM
» Replies: 8,576
» Views: 794,556
Act says it how it is reg...
Forum: Opinion and Politics
Last Post: Lilith7
27-04-2024, 03:50 PM
» Replies: 5
» Views: 84
Bird flu interspecies inf...
Forum: News and Current Affairs
27-04-2024, 03:42 PM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 35
Group targeted by Tamaki ...
27-04-2024, 03:32 PM
» Replies: 5
» Views: 46
Largest independent super...
27-04-2024, 03:23 PM
» Replies: 8
» Views: 90

Widows Security Real-time Protection
Posted by: Galaxy01 - 27-02-2023, 11:31 AM - Forum: PressF1 - Replies (3)

Just checked my other machine running Win11  that, the 'Real-time protection' is OFF and I can't turn it back ON.

It says that:  'You're using other antivirus providers'   

I have NO other antivirus program installed!   Huh

Print this item

Access Denied ...
Posted by: Galaxy01 - 27-02-2023, 08:28 AM - Forum: PressF1 - Replies (4)

Good morning.

I am trying to copy some files to one of the folders: D:\Temp.   But Windows says Access denied and that I need Administrator permission.

This drive / folder has been with me for many years as my main 'storage'.  It has been with me since Win7 days. 

How do I tell Windows 11 that this is my own drive/folder and I need to copy some files to it? 

* I have no problem in reading all my stored files.

Cheers

Print this item

Washing powder allergic reation
Posted by: Roscoe - 26-02-2023, 11:24 AM - Forum: General Discussion - Replies (7)

I have had an itchy reaction to the washing powder. Our doctor has prescribed some ointment for me which is good but only for a while. I have noticed that when I take my shirt off the irritation stops so I assume it is the soap powder. I am on my third brand and I'm still having an allergic reaction.

I was hoping there is someone who can recommend a soap powder that is made for people such as myself, that does not cause an allergic reaction.

Thanks for your help.

Print this item

Sad "Steven Dennis"
Posted by: shuttleman - 25-02-2023, 08:52 PM - Forum: Computing and Technology - Replies (2)

Does anyone know who this "Steven Dennis" is that I keep getting forwarded email messages from? I put them straight into my junk folder because it is no-one I know. Cheers. Huh

Print this item

Locked out Win 11 laptop startup
Posted by: mickg - 25-02-2023, 10:33 AM - Forum: Computing and Technology - Replies (8)

I recently bought a used HP Elitebook 840 G8 Business Ultrabook 14" FHD. It has been working perfectly but kept getting this nagging message each time at start up to change my password Windows 11 pro which I set up originally for a local account.
Unfortunately I can't remember the password so I ignored it and eventually it locked me out, and when trying to change the password it needs my original password which I don't have.
Is it anything to do with HP Wolf security which is on the splash screen at the start.  Is there a setting in the bios that I could change.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Print this item

mRNA remains in blood up to 28 days after vaccination
Posted by: C_T_Russell - 24-02-2023, 10:09 PM - Forum: Covid-19 - Replies (26)

You were lied to when told that it only stays in your body for a few hours (or days)
https://www.auckland.ac.nz/en/news/2021/...works.html
Dr Campbell covers it here along with the peer reviewed data.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fWVxVd6IGgg

Print this item

1st gen iPhone sells for $100K
Posted by: nzoomed - 24-02-2023, 09:53 AM - Forum: Computing and Technology - Replies (1)

What a good investment!
https://www.1news.co.nz/2023/02/22/first...t-auction/

Print this item

Live Feed of Bald Eagle Nest
Posted by: zqwerty - 24-02-2023, 08:53 AM - Forum: PC World Chat - Replies (14)

These two eagles are brooding two eggs through to the end of Winter.  The female Jackie has been on the nest all night in quite bad conditions, it's mid-day there now:

Big Bear Bald Eagle Live Nest - Cam 1

https://www.youtube.com/live/B4-L2nfGcuE?app=desktop

The nest is located in Big Bear Valley in the San Bernardino Mountains of Southern California. It is about 145 feet up in a Jeffrey Pine tree. The nest is the current home for Jackie and Shadow, a local bald eagle pair

Worth a look. Click the "show more" button to see more info.

Print this item

Stealth Aircraft
Posted by: Roscoe - 24-02-2023, 08:11 AM - Forum: General Discussion - Replies (4)

I saw an interesting programme recently on stealth aircraft and they said that they are "invisible to radar," which is not quite true, but to all intents and purpose they are invisible to radar.

As you will know, a beam is sent out, it reflects off the aircraft and returns to the operator. A simple enough premise. But that does not work with the stealth aircraft. With these planes, instead of the signal returning to it's origin it is reflected off the aircraft at about a 45 degree angle and so does not return to the operator. Very clever, I thought. There are some very smart people out there.

But also of interest and in a similar vein; in WW1 radar had not been invented and so they had aircraft spotters on the coast and when enemy aircraft approached they would call the airfields and scramble the fighters, but invariably the warning came too late. But another smart fellow came up with another clever idea and they built oversized parabolic reflectors looking out over the English Channel and they could hear the approaching aircraft long before they saw them and were able to scramble the fighters in plenty of time to intercept the enemy. Very clever.

I am very interested in sound recording of all types and I have a small handheld parabolic reflector with a microphone set at the focal point about 30cm in front of the dish and I can hear normal conversations from a distance comparable to across the road. It is excellent for capturing bird songs from a distance and I don't frighten the birds away. I have some lovely recordings of Tuis (my favourite) singing away. Beautiful.

Print this item

Thumbs Down Pantry moths...
Posted by: nzoomed - 23-02-2023, 09:58 PM - Forum: General Discussion - Replies (12)

Just discovered we have an infestation of these things.
Never really seen them to this extent in the past and never realized how many we had until it was too late!
I opened a bag of rolled oats i bought about s month ago and it was full of the things flying out. I think this is how we bought them here.
It pays to keep a trap to monitor for them.
My mate tells me he has had them too. Seems it's a bit of a problem at the moment. I know it's a massive headache in the grain industry and they are somewhat resistant to fly spray. 
Had to throw out the majority of my breakfast cereal and even stuff I thought was well sealed in plastic containers and somehow they have found a way inside.

Print this item